We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everglades NP

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
595 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Everglades NP

Hi,

We'll be in Miami for 3 days - April 16-19 ( yes Easter ). On 17/4 planning on taking a trip to the Everglades. I'm just after some wisdom on whether best to go to Shark Valley or go down to the Homestead City end. Thoughts will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,345 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everglades NP

Shark Valley offers a guided tram or the option to rent bikes for use on the trail. There is also ready access to airboat tours.

South entrance offers countless trails to hike on foot. Canoe/kayak rentals( high deposit fee's apply), Ranger led walks.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,261 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everglades NP

I am assuming you'll be driving....

Shark Valley is a shorter drive, and more compact, yet gives you a very good feel for the Everglades. The main entrance involves more driving and more types of trails. If you wanted to spend half a day I'd go with Shark Valley. If you want to spend a full day then the main entrance near Homestead.

3. Re: Everglades NP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:19