We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

side trip to bahamas from miami

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
side trip to bahamas from miami

looking at leaving from Miami for a sidetrip to Nassau but upon coming back my flight would arrive from the Bahamas at 310pm and my flight home to Canada from miami leaves at 415 pm does any one know if this is enough time to disembark,,,,do I clear us customs and the go to departure and clear customs again and then go to my leaving gate....or do I go to a connections area or just what,,,,is 1 hr between flight enough time on a Friday afternoon....afraid wont be enough time to clear and board my next flight

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: side trip to bahamas from miami

You preclear US Immigration and Customs in the Bahamas. Is this one ticket ? Or is the Bahamas to Miami leg a separate ticket ? Same airline ?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: side trip to bahamas from miami

separate ticket ...leaving Bahamas on bahama air then to Canada on west jet

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: side trip to bahamas from miami

actual time btween lading in maimi and departing for Canada would be 1 hour 30 min

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: side trip to bahamas from miami

Bahamas Air arrives Terminal "G", West Jet departs Terminal "F" will you be checking bags ? If so, Id suggest an earlier flight on Bahamas Air. West Jet doesn't have a very big operation in Miami. One flight a day, if you miss your connection in Miami they may just cancel your reservation.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: side trip to bahamas from miami

so if I don't have to check bags and we clear customs in Nassau then oncd we arrive at the airport then we would just go the the j terminal departures go thru security screening then to our depart gate is this correct

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: side trip to bahamas from miami

West Jet departs from Concourse F and Bahamas Air arrives at Concourse G

Once you arrive in Miami you would need to reclear TSA Security at Concourse F

IMO this is a very risky connection, the few Bahamas Air flights Ive tracked do not seam to be on time, this may reduce your 1hr 30min connection time. Good luck

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: side trip to bahamas from miami

Bahamas Air has a dreadful reputation locally for their record of long delayed or cancelled flights and bumping passengers from very oversold ones. I agree with Objets that your plan is way too risky.

8. Re: side trip to bahamas from miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:18