We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving baggage before flights

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull
Level Contributor
3 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving baggage before flights

Hi there. We are a party of four, taking a cruise around the Caribbean from Miami in November. When we arrive back in Miami and disembark our flights home aren't until 5.10pm. No trouble filling the time in but the problem is our luggage. I read on an earlier forum about a company that collected the luggage and took it to the airport for you but they only seem to operate out of Fort Lauderdale and Las Vegas now. Carnival only operate a service if your are flying to a domestic airport, not international. Miami airport has a baggage area but that would involve taking bags to the airport and then leaving again. Does anyone know of another company who would deal with the baggage for us, or anywhere to leave it in Miami itself, please? Thank you

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,513 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving baggage before flights

It seams as though you've covered most of the bases. Sorry, but I cant think of any other options. Perhaps post this to the sister site cruise critic. Enjoy

Columbus, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving baggage before flights

i ran into the same issue just last night! i saved roughly 250-300$ by booking my flight back from my cruise at 710p. i took $50 of this saving and just booked a rental therefore i have a place for my luggage and i have transportation around Miami because my cruise ports at 8a! maybe you should thing of doing that as well! n:)

Hull
Level Contributor
3 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving baggage before flights

That's certainly something to think about, thank you very much for taking the time to your reply :)

Edited: 07 March 2014, 11:09
Hull
Level Contributor
3 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving baggage before flights

Thank you very much for replying. I have been doing some research, it's true but seem to have hit a brick wall. The baggage company seemed ideal but don't operate Miami now. I know it's only a few hours but it seems a shame to sit in the airport when we could spend another few hours around Miami

5. Re: Leaving baggage before flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:19