We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Malls

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Shopping Malls

Due to visit Miami for the first time in just over a week (only staying 2 days) which are the best shopping malls to visit?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping Malls

Where are you staying ? Will you have a car ?

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping Malls

Staying on Ocean Dr and yes we'll have a car

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping Malls

Sawgrass Mills is always a popular destination, its about an hours drive from Ocean Dr.

www.simon.com/mall/sawgrass-mills/stores/list

Dolphin Mall is west of the city.

http://www.shopdolphinmall.com/

Aventura Mall is a bit upscale

http://www.aventuramall.com/

and then there's the Lincoln Road Mall area on South Beach itself.

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping Malls

Thanks for that. I see you're from Fort Lauderdale, is that worth a visit?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping Malls

Honestly the whole " worth it" questions confuse me. What are you looking to buy ? Can you find at a closer mall ? My daughter loves Sawgrass Mills, I prefer the Dolphin Mall, but Im biased as Dolphin Mall has my favorite restaurant and store.

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping Malls

Sorry I meant is Fort Lauderdale a nice place (worth) to visit? We'll probably do the two Malls you mentioned as we are in Florida for 16 days visiting Siesta Key & Orlando so we won't be short of choices for shopping

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping Malls

oh ok there is plenty to see and do in Ft Lauderdale just depends on some of your likes/dislikes, budget etc

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping Malls

Great thanks for that,. Looking forward to escaping the damp cold weather here in Scotland

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping Malls

Depends what you're looking for! I think Lincoln Road is a must, because of the shopping, eating, and atmosphere, no matter what. Aventura has EVERYTHING if you're really looking to splurge on shopping (it's huge and has all the names and brands). Locally, I visit Dadeland Mall, but it's not as eventful as the other two.

10. Re: Shopping Malls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 04:19