Couple (30s) with a 10 month old. From Texas. Never been to South Florida. Planning a 4-5 day trip.
Not into parties, museums, or fishing.
Prefer walking/hiking, nature/parks, some beaches, people watching, new types of food, a little shopping.
Will have a rental car.
Looking for advice, itineraries. Have read other posts and this is what I've come up with so far:
1) For cheaper hotels, stay in Ft Lauderdale, Hollywood. Not South Miami.
2) Want to do a boat ride/water taxi but not sure where is best. Have motion sickness so need a big boat.
3) Interested in drive to Keys. Not all the way to Key West though.
a) Snorkeling - Key Largo best?
b) State park in Bahia Honda
c) Anything else really nice like botanical garden, deer
4) Short trip to Everglades National Park. Not the whole park, maybe just come parts to see Crocs. Not sure what else to see there.
5) Want to try Cuban food. Heard Little Havana is nice for dinner.
6) Lincoln Road Mall
7) Hollywood Boardwalk
8) Read about Coconut Grove...what's to see there?