We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami to Orlando overnight.

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Miami to Orlando overnight.

Hi guys...we are a couple of Aussies touring around the eastern side of USA in November and are in Miami for a few days - 5 actually. We have planned a Key West day tour during this time, but are looking to go to Orlando for a couple of days mainly to see The Kennedy Space Centre and Universal Islands of Adventure. We have made enquiries with a tour company that will do this trip for a reasonable cost by bus, but the overnight hotel is somewhat dodgy ( according to trip advisor reviews).

My question is I guess, how easy is this two day stay to organise ourselves or is it easier to go with a tour company. I'm mindful that a train takes 5 hours, plane takes 1 hour and the local bus companies don't come recommended.

Maybe someone out there has had some experience with this, unfortunately we don't have anymore time to spend at theme parks so are making the most of it!

Any suggestions gratefully accepted!!

Cheers...

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami to Orlando overnight.

Which hotel is this? Is renting a car and driving yourselves out of the question?

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami to Orlando overnight.

I would also want to know where the hotel is located.

Keep in mind that KSC is NOT in Orlando either. It is an hour east near Titusville.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,714 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami to Orlando overnight.

I would rent a car and drive. Once you get out of Miami its a pretty easy and beautiful drive and you could make stops where you want and stay at the hotel you want. I would also check on flying into Miami but leaving from Orlando so you don't have to spend 4 hours driving back to Miami. You could also ask about the hotel on the Key West forum to get some local input about it.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,349 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami to Orlando overnight.

Few, if any companies that run a tour from Miami to KSC, you'll find some that go from Orlando. As the others have said its best to drive and plan it yourself.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miami to Orlando overnight.

Check this thread, it may prove helpful : tripadvisor.com/…58213870

South Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miami to Orlando overnight.

Hi AhHah

The hotel booked is the Howard Johnson Lakeside at Kissimmee, ( the reviews look a bit sketchy ) and we prefer not to hire a car this time. Prob will when we have more time later.

Cheers

South Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miami to Orlando overnight.

Hi SurffishFLA

The tour goes like this...Round trip transportation from Miami hotel. Overnight stay in economy hotel with brekky. Transport to attractions, including two attraction tickets per person. One being to KSC day one and one being to a theme park on day two. Cost of USD$370 each.

How does that sound? It seems ok with us considering someone else is running you around and the tour company have good reviews, it's just the "not so good" hotel.

Anyway, I have asked them if we can upgrade...see what they come back with.

Cheers for the input..

South Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miami to Orlando overnight.

Hi Sudlow

Thankyou for your info, very handy.

Cheers

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,349 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Miami to Orlando overnight.

IMO I know you can do it cheaper on your own, its the whole renting a car and driving thats holding you back ?

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Miami to Orlando overnight.

I don't get down to Kissimmee that much. However, the last time I did, there was an area east of I-4 that seemed like it had several abandoned hotels. The Howard Johnson seemed to be in that area on MapQuest. If you stay on 192, you want to be pretty close to the Magic Kingdom or west of it.

Yes, I would "upgrade" my hotel if I did the tour.

I don't know what KSC costs currently, but the Orlando theme parks are pretty close to $100 each by the time you add in tax for a one-day ticket.