We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown v. South Beach

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown v. South Beach

I've booked to stay in the JW Marriott Marquis in Downtown for a weekend in September. We won't have a car with us, how convenient will it be to travel to South Beach via public transport? Are there bars & restaurants in our hotel vicinity or will we have to travel in the evenings?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,721 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown v. South Beach

Bus, Metrorail, MetroMover, taxi and water taxi options to get around Downtown and to South Beach. Bayside Marketplace has some limited bar options.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,694 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown v. South Beach

ruth>

Absolutely!

There is an amazing restaurant and bar at your hotel and plenty of fun spots in the area. I like Ristorante Fratelli Milano - a family-owned Italian restaurant that is a short walk from your door. Here is my guide to the area to help you navigate:

www.tinyurl.com/PORT-AG

A short hop on the free monorail takes you to Mary Brickell Village where there are many fun restaurants an bars. Ask at the hotel desk for a quick point in the right direction.

AG

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown v. South Beach

This is a question I had on mind too. I will be staying at the Hilton downtown in November and would love to visit South beach and other parts of Miami.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
585 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown v. South Beach

As already mentioned - plenty things going on in Downtown, like Mary Brickell Village (lots of bars and restaurants), also along Brickell Avenue, or Bayside. Also getting to South Beach is no big deal by taxi. Up and coming Midtown is another option as well (taxi ride).

When going out at night, especially for the men, people will be more dressed up in the downtown Bars and Restaurants (Long pants, for example, required after a certain hour) while South Beach will be more relaxed (Unless, of course, you are hitting up the nightclubs - in that case dress to impress).

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,694 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown v. South Beach

Rattle>

Check the TOP QUESTIONS area at the right hand of this page for all the transit info.

AG

6. Re: Downtown v. South Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:16