We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip from Miami Fl to Savannah Ga

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Planning a trip from Miami Fl to Savannah Ga

Tripadvisor family,

I am planning a trip from Miami to Savannah GA. I only have a total of 6 days from start to finish and would like to stop at the must see locations. I am looking for outdoor activities, restaurants and natural springs etc and anything else that may come to mind. Please share any ideas you may have.

Thank you

Aaron

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip from Miami Fl to Savannah Ga

If you plan on doing this trip. I would probably focus on Orlando for theme parks. Maybe a day trip to Cape Canaveral. Most of Florida's natural springs are in the central/northern Florida. Here is a guide:

www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/springs/

As far as activities there is a little something for everyone, so could you be a bit more specific? Also, because your trip will cover the entire state you might consider also posting in the Florida Forum as well if you haven't already.

Saludos,

Yogi

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,439 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip from Miami Fl to Savannah Ga

You could visit the Okefenokee Swamp in Waycross Georgia on your way to Savannah?

I would post this again on the Road Trip Forum.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,903 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip from Miami Fl to Savannah Ga

What time of year? That can make a big difference on what we recommend. I don't know how much time you have planned for Savannah but you could easily spend a week there. St. Augustine is also a popular historical city, a smaller version of Savannah with a different history. I agree with checking out some of Florida's a naturals springs but if visiting in winter you may not want to do that. If including theme parks you could spend an entire week just doing that.

Let us know more info on likes / dislikes and time of year. We will try to help. And yogi is right the Florida forum would be a better place to ask this questions.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,662 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip from Miami Fl to Savannah Ga

Aaron>

This post made me LOL because we just completed this journey & BACK in a DAY. (LongStory)

I'll throw you a few great spots en route - Orlando is probably a given (if you have kids) so I always get off i-4 and hit The Ravenous Pug, an awesome restaurant & gastropub.

www.theravenouspig.com

During the aforementioned road trip, we darted off the Georgia turnpike and visited St Simons Island which is an hour south of Savannah and home to some amazingly good grub. Spend a night on the island too.

http://www.southernsoulbbq.com/

AG

Edited: 19 August 2014, 17:43
Miami
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a trip from Miami Fl to Savannah Ga

From 8/10-16/2014.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,903 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a trip from Miami Fl to Savannah Ga

This is a hot time of year to visit Savannah. You will want to try to spend days somewhere cool or at the beach. Tybee Island has a good beach and you can visit the Fort & Lighthouse out there. River street in the historic district has great little bars and shops and good food. There is a street market close by too but that may only be weekends. Take a trolley tour so you get the history and layout of the place, then go back to the things you want to see more of.

As mentioned Wakieva Springs, Blue Springs and DeLeon springs are closer to the Atlantic side of the state. If going to any of the springs I would get there when they open as during the summer they fill up quickly. Claim your spot you want early too. Go to www.floridasprings.org for a complete list and map of the springs.

Clarks Fish Camp just outside of Jacksonville is supposed to be a really good restaurant. I have yet to try it but have heard lots of good things about it. St. Augustine has some good places to eat in town too.

For some Daytona Beach is worth a stop. If you have never been there you may want to add it to your list. Right now you can still drive on the beach, not sure how many more years they will let that happen. Its getting too crowded and dangerous for drivers and sunbathers.

7. Re: Planning a trip from Miami Fl to Savannah Ga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:16