We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo female - pool party advice

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Solo female - pool party advice

Hi,

I'm a solo female traveller from the UK. I've been reading about SLS - Hyde Beach brunch on a Sunday, It sounds like a party which can't be missed. I'm coming to Miami on Friday.

Do you suggest I stay at the hotel?

Is it easy to meet people in Miami?

If you are a resident at the hotel is it free entry to the pool party?

What is the crowd like on a Sunday?

Any advise is greatly appreciated

Thank you :-)

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo female - pool party advice

J>

The SLS Hotel is quite expensive and I see on another thread you're looking for a budget-friendly spot. I'd go with the Freehand (which hosts casual pool parties and BBQs weekends) and simply plan to visit the SLS to see if you like it. If you participate in Facebook, check out the HYDE beach page to see shots of the scene. Sometimes it is serene and other times it is a big party. The good thing about simply visiting is you can decide how MUCH fun you're up to! Here is a guide to area pool parties

southbeachmagazine.com/miamis-top-pool-parti…

AG

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo female - pool party advice

Hi,

I'm looking for a mixture of places. I'm happy to move around hotels. I wouldn't stay at the SLS for my entire trip.

Thanks for the advice.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo female - pool party advice

J>

South Beach is really a small area of some 23 streets. If you find a spot you like, it seems a waste of time and energy to change hotels (checking in and out, packing and unpacking suitcases, transit). If you want a private spot where you can do a little self catering, a friend just spent the weekend here on her own and really enjoyed the experience :

http://hotel18.net

AG

Edited: 02 September 2014, 13:49
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo female - pool party advice

Each to their own I guess.

From a travellers point of view hostels are a good place to meet people, however not great if you want to alone time. They can get dirty, loud and crowded. I can live like this for a few days but I do love luxury and will be seeking this for part of my travels.

I like to meet a wide range of people and have as many experiences as possibly. Moving around is the best option for me.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo female - pool party advice

OK>

Yes, but you see Hotel 18 is not a hostel but a tidy, self-catering flat.

And while I understand your point, you posted that your budget tops out at $100 a night and the SLS is a very costly location.

You might also try a search on www.airbnb.com

Or you can utilize the TripAdvisor search engine entering in your $100 budget and your specific trip dates to see what is available. Room rates here are seasonal so you'd need to factor in the specific nights to get a realistic idea of the cost.

More here - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34438-i92-k777126…

AG

Edited: 02 September 2014, 16:37
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo female - pool party advice

To be honest AG my budget is not your business. Trip advisor allows me to ask any question I like. If I wish to know of a budget accommodation or high end hotels I can ask. I'm asking so I can make the most of my trip, get the most out of my money. It's called doing your research.

Please A. See the title of my of question and B. My questions. If you are unable to assist I'm happy for you not to answer.

Thank you for all your assistance, it appears we are we no longer disgusting pool parties. You seem to have missed my point.

All the best.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo female - pool party advice

J>

Not my business?

You are asking for help with planning your trip on a public forum where people try to help you FOR FREE and you're being NASTY ?!?

YOU posted

Jayneage :" South Beach hotel under $100 per night (at weekend) on Sep 02, 2014, 3:08 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know of a budget hotel (private room) for under $100 per night, south beach location?"

And I've spent a few days time trying to answer all YOUR "research" QUESTIONS - providing links to hotels, tips on doing searches, information about seasonal rates, articles about ALL the area pool parties, where to change money...

Jayneage - Read the answers - EVERYTHING you asked has been answered in DETAIL.

Best of luck with your holiday.

AG

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo female - pool party advice

My questions were:

Do you suggest I stay at the hotel?

Is it easy to meet people in Miami?

If you are a resident at the hotel is it free entry to the pool party?

What is the crowd like on a Sunday?

You keep referring to a different post. How am I being nasty? I do not have to agree with what you are saying. As I have stressed my plan is to stay in two different types of accommodation.

You are the one which has digressed from my question. if you wish to discuss budget accommodation please respond to the other post.

ADVISORGIRL please read my questions you have not advised me on any of these questions. Therefore please do not claim you have.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide me with YOUR opinion.

Best of luck with advising people.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo female - pool party advice

Unreal ! Keep your head up AG !

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,556 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solo female - pool party advice

No worries AG some folks don't see the big picture.