We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how often rains in Miami in the second half of Oct?

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
53 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
how often rains in Miami in the second half of Oct?

I'm considering trip to Miami October 18-28. It's gonna be mostly beach type of vacation. Never been there before. Tell me please how often and when may I expect rains at this time of a year? From what I read in couple of articles I found, light rains are coming after 3-4 p.m. for like one hour or so. Is it true? What are chances of serious thunderstorms? Thanks

Little Havana Food and Walking Tour
180 reviews
from US$58.99*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from US$65.00*
US$75.00
Miami Speedboat Tour
51 reviews
from US$38.00*
Miami Everglades Airboat Adventure...
272 reviews
from US$78.00*
Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how often rains in Miami in the second half of Oct?

What you've already read is correct. A good chance of thunderstorms usually for about an hour. After there may be great weather. There should be better forecast nearer the time.

Just be prepared.... Wear appropriate clothing and shoes. An umbrella can be useful.

See here;

https:/…october

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
53 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how often rains in Miami in the second half of Oct?

On the link you posted, October is shown as the rainiest month in Miami, while other articles I read said the rainiest weather considered to be Jun-Aug. Why is that?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,351 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how often rains in Miami in the second half of Oct?

None of us can hope to predict the weather and if it will or won't rain while you're in town. Oct is considered the peak of hurricane season and normally signals the end of our "rainy" season. Our afternoon thunderstorms can be very isolated in nature, I've honestly watched it rain in my yard but not in the neighbours. Get out and to the beach early fir your best chance of avoiding the weather.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how often rains in Miami in the second half of Oct?

Too far to be sure for any specific week, but rain chances tail off significantly around mid-Oct, so you should be good. I would say on average it should rain every fourth day by then.

5. Re: how often rains in Miami in the second half of Oct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 06:16