We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Tours in South Beach

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Tours in South Beach

Will be in SoBe for a long weekend and have never been there before. We were looking for a day or 1/2 day boating excursion but have only been able to find deals where we rent the boat with captain for set amount of time. Can anyone recommend a company that does boat tours without us having to rent the entire boat?

New Zealand/Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Tours in South Beach

There are boat tours out of Bayside Marketplace across the causeway in Miami,(you can see it on this site) also a great one in Ft. Lauderdale, the Jungle Queen(also on this site). Do a search here and take a look. I love the Jungle Queen the best.

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Tours in South Beach

Yes, i agree with the previous poster, Bayside Marketplace is the best location for a selection of tours, there's no need to pre-book, just turn up, decide what tour you want and at what time, buy your ticket and you are away!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Tours in South Beach

Thank you. We will look into that. Do you know of anyone who does a boat tour from Miami to Key West? I know there is a high speed ferry from Ft. Myers to Key West but have not found anything from the Miami area.

New Zealand/Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Tours in South Beach

I don't know of any out of Miami to Key West, but if you will go to www.myflorida.com there is a lot of info under Visitor, you can also email any questions on the Cruise section. Key West is a fun place but getting there and back can be challenging as there is basically one road in and one road out and if there is a major accident sometimes the road is closed for a few hours. If you drive from Miami, it's about 3-4 hours, a day trip is doable and I know there are a lot of bus tours. Lots to do in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Tours in South Beach

Thanks again. We are very much looking forward to our trip!

Miami
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat Tours in South Beach

I can recommend www.biscaynesailing.com. They do boat tours - and yes you do rent the entire boat - however they are extremely reasonable - $100 for two people for about 4 hours on the water in a sailboat. They also have other alternatives - such as motor boats or skiffs for less $$. I think this is the best bang for the buck because you do have privacy but with spending hundreds of dollars for something you don't need.

Good luck and enjoy your time on the water!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat Tours in South Beach

Thanks MTY224. That does sound very reasonable.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat Tours in South Beach

We went on a Duck tour which was great fun! It is a vehicle that goes on land and on water. They show you lots of celebrites houses and give you lots of interesting info. The booking office is just off Lincoln road and they were called Miami Duck Tours.