We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Beach when it Rains? What to do?

Washington Dc
Level Contributor
91 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
South Beach when it Rains? What to do?

I'm going to be in South Beach next week. Weather Channel is calling for rain the whole time. It's my 11th wedding anniversary and we are staying at the South Beach Marriott. The pools closed but we got a good deal. Do you have any suggestions on a place to take my wife on Friday night for dinner? Also any suggestions on what to do if it thunderstorms the whole vacation? And any good clubs for thirty-somethings? Thanks, OW

Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,101 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Beach when it Rains? What to do?

Gosh Whiskey!

I think the correct answer is - SNUGGLE!

OK... 11 years later?

You're locked in a South Beach Hotel room and the pool is closed?

There is nothing but old episodes of Everyone Loves Raymond on TV and no cards or checkers in the room?

You might want to hide little notes around the hotel room from a naughty housekeeper in places where the next guest will find them!

Use the tiny hotel note pad and the free pen on the night stand.

Write things like, "Guess what I did with your toothbrush?" or "Thanks for letting me borrow that sweater!" and fold them up and tuck them behind picture frames or inside an unused folded towel or blanket.

Open the free bible to significant passages about adultery or other sins and tuck in a note that says, "I think you should re-read this part - don't you?" Open the room service menu to the dessert page and fold in a note that says, "And you expect to appear in public in a swimsuit?!"

======

Friday night dinner ideas -

Prime 112,

OLA at the Sanctuary,

Bond Street Sushi,

Sardinia,

Osteria del Teatro,

Fifty,

and then

Social at the Sagamore around 9-10pm (reserve a table).

AG

Mentioned in this post
OLA Restaurant
OLA Restaurant
1,441 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Osteria del Teatro
Osteria del Teatro
1,068 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Titusville, Florida
Level Contributor
119 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Beach when it Rains? What to do?

You can never go wrong with A.G.'s recommendations.

Fifty is a GREAT restaurant.

My wife and I were there last weekend and it rained something fierce while we were there. But we were never bored!!! Go to the Delano for lunch or even in the evening to visit the Rose Bar. It has a huge lobby and a covered patio, so even if the weather is bad, you can have a great time there people watching.

For clubs, Mansion is great, but for a bit more laid back fun time, Mangos is the place.

And of course because SOBE is so sexy, you will get lots of use out of your hotel room too!

Mentioned in this post
Delano
Delano
265 Reviews
Miami, FL
SoBe Hostel
SoBe Hostel
1,399 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
New York, New York
Level Contributor
813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Beach when it Rains? What to do?

Every one is right but I just want to mention. We just came back and while the rain will get worse as the summer progresses it will probably go like this. You wake up to great sun this is the time to go out and enjoy the beach etc. usually 3:30 pm on the dot you will have a tremendous tropical storm sometimes flooding and creating caos. Of course this it tyhe perfect time for you guys to go back to your room and relax etc (yes you already have to idea) rain shoudl eventually let up in time for you to go out to eat or hit a nightclub.

it will be great at the sun is hot and the water temperature great for swimming.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Beach when it Rains? What to do?

Hey Oscar,

It will thunder and lightning every day, with some showers, but very rare to be constant or ruining the entire day.

A nice little place for a leisurely meal is Tapas y Tinos at at 448 Espanola Way. Your taxi will take you to Washington and Espanola and then you walk down the colonial Spanish street featuring Italian restaurants. LOL. Great little tapas and you can pass a couple hours...

Mentioned in this post
Espanola Way
Espanola Way
2,193 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Washington Dc
Level Contributor
91 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Beach when it Rains? What to do?

Thanks all! We had another great time thanks to your suggestions. Still haven't been to Nemo's but already looking forward to next year.

OW

6. Re: South Beach when it Rains? What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 10:22