We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft. Lauderdale and Disney World in August

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough, Canada
13 posts
Save Topic
Ft. Lauderdale and Disney World in August

Were are torn between 2 honeymoon ideas, Does anyone know the the weather is really like during end of July and first of August in Ft. Lauderdale and Disney.I know its rainy season, but how much??.thanks soo much..

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft. Lauderdale and Disney World in August

Its pretty hot and humid. The thing is if it does rain is usually not all day, perhaps just in the afternoon. Afterwards the humidity rises and it can get a little steamy. I would say anywhere from the mid 80s (F) to the low/mid 90s (F). July down here is one of, if not the, hottest months of the year down here.

Peterborough, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft. Lauderdale and Disney World in August

Hey Thanks!! Ya it would be first part of Aug, we'd be there! I like it hot, but it is a beach honeymoon, so were hoping not to see rain everyday! In your opinion, is it a good time to spend there, if were looking for beach and swimming time??

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft. Lauderdale and Disney World in August

Should be nice. Of course it is still hurricane season so who knows what the future holds. However, they are not predicting a strong season, regardless you can always keep track of the weather and we have ample notice time. Kids should be getting ready to go back to school as well so the beaches shouldnt be overcrowded, too.

NOLA
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft. Lauderdale and Disney World in August

Let me start this reply by stating that I live in New Orleans and we have some fairly brutal summer heat and humidity.

I was in Orlando 2 years ago around the time your planning and I thought I was going to die from the heat. Really, I had visions of my head blowing right off of my shoulders. The parks were more brutal than I could have ever expected. All the metal railings, buildings and water attractions kind of radiated heat and sun to the point I felt like I was in an oven. Add the crazy summer vacation crowds and I was in HELL.

Palm Springs and Las Vegas in July were not as bad. Don't know why, but Disney was just too much. I swore I'd never go back in the summer.

As far as rain, I don't remember any major inconveniences.

Peterborough, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ft. Lauderdale and Disney World in August

oh.. wow..Ya i know Ive been to park attractons here in Ontario whens its realy hot, and I can remember feeling the same. MAybe its not the best time to see Disney. I think we have decided on a new honeymoon, thanks everyone for your help!

6. Re: Ft. Lauderdale and Disney World in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 07:19