We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lowes or Fontainebleau

NYC
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lowes or Fontainebleau

Our trip to Mexico was cancelled so we are trying to come up with an alternate plan for the weekend. Both of these hotels are priced about the same for the weekend. I have stayed at the Lowes it was very nice but I hated how the pool area felt like a convention hall. How would you compare the Fontainbleau to the Lowes? We are in our early 30's looking to relax and have some nice dinners and check out the scene.

Thanks,

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lowes or Fontainebleau

Well Mas, I assume what you mean by "convention hall" is just another way of saying crowded. I can tell you this much the Fountainbleu is perhaps, since new renovation, one of the hottest places to be in South Beach right now. The evening time you are bound to find the downstairs lobby area pretty packed. In fact there is usually a line out the front doors for people trying to get into Liv (the nightclub on premises). It is the nature of the beast in South Beach though.

NYC
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lowes or Fontainebleau

Thanks sorry about my typos. Yes I remember the Loews pool had this row of beach chairs that you were packed in like sardines. I would love to try something new and have not followed the SB scene lately... so Fontainbleau would be a good spot?

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lowes or Fontainebleau

Have you considered the Sagamore, National, or Raleigh?

NYC
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lowes or Fontainebleau

Yes I did and they don't have any rooms. I have stayed at the National in a Cabana room and enjoyed it. But our only two choices at this point are the ones I asked about.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lowes or Fontainebleau

It's all about the location.

Fontainebleau is a couple miles from South Beach (SoBe) whereas Loews is definitely in SoBe. Most of the nice places for dinner and the "scene" is in SoBe - all within easy walking distance of Loews.

As for the pool scene, I think the Loews has a lovely pool and in fact, has more personallity than say the pool at the Ritz-Carlton. There the chairs are lined up like a *crowded* convention hall! My typical suggestion is to walk past the pool and enjoy the beach. Wifey and I visit SoBe often and find the beach more relxing, quiet and enjoyable than at an overly crowded pool deck with screaming kids in the pool.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lowes or Fontainebleau

mas>

The poolS (plural) at the F'bleau are the spot you want right now.

The Lowe's is under some construction and La Cote at the Fontainebleau is GORGEOUS.

BTW - if you are looking for a cool pool instead of the beach, consider the pool deck at the Mondrian or the brand new Viceroy on Brickell.

AG

7. Re: Lowes or Fontainebleau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2009, 05:41