We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for an Ocean Front Hotel in South Beach.

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for an Ocean Front Hotel in South Beach.

Recommendations for an Ocean Front Hotel in South Beach. My husband and I want to go there for our anniversary in September. We want a nice beach and nice pools, time to relax and within walking distance of early evening live music.

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for an Ocean Front Hotel in South Beach.

Sagamore, National, Raleigh, Loews, Ritz, and Delano

for the high end. South Seas and Richmond for less

expensive. South of Fifth on the Ocean and still

well located: Hilton Bentley, Savoy, and Mariott

South Beach. Nice pool and beach setup with clean

and boring rooms would be the Doubletree Surfcomer.

Check out reviews, prices, and traveler photos.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for an Ocean Front Hotel in South Beach.

I'll think I'll start exploring these suggestions. Nice list (love that you've organized them by price)!

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for an Ocean Front Hotel in South Beach.

Ok, I looked at these and I guess I want high end. So I want a great pool, beach access and close proximity to activities in the evening.

I hear that Lincoln Road is a great evening walk. I want to hear live music and not be stuck in one establishment. What’s the best place to bar hop?? .

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for an Ocean Front Hotel in South Beach.

So you looked at them and what do you want? The W,

Setai, Z, and Tides are up there in high end.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for an Ocean Front Hotel in South Beach.

We stayed at the National last September, and loved the pool area and the beach there. The pool area there is one of the most famous/photographed in South Beach; very chic. Beach service is included with your room rate and they have the best beach lounge chairs ever! Our room was a standard facing the road; very clean, and nice bedding but nothing out of the ordinary. There are much nicer rooms in the hotel if you want to pay more. It is a short enjoyable walk to Lincoln Rd from the hotel. I would stay there again, and spend most of my day in one of those wonderful beach lounge chairs!

6. Re: Recommendations for an Ocean Front Hotel in South Beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 07:29