We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code for Clubs in South Beach

london
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress Code for Clubs in South Beach

I am coming to South Beach from LA this week and was curious on the dress code for the Clubs.

Will I have to be wearing shoes or are flips flops ok like they are in LA?

Any info will be great

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code for Clubs in South Beach

the nicer night clubs may not allow flip flops. or jeans. many places are casual and allow it , but i would check ahead of time. the women get dressed up in their shortest dresses and highest heels, as anything goes in miami. the guys usually wear dress shirts and pants with nice shoes.

it depends where you go.

there is definately a very sexy vibe there in terms of clothing for clubs!

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code for Clubs in South Beach

Its probably best not to wear flip flops to clubs, as you will most likely either find yourself standing outside or get stepped on by some drunk. They are fine for bars, lounges though.

detroit
Level Contributor
123 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code for Clubs in South Beach

If you want to actually get into the clubs, don’t wear flip flops.

The dress code in LA is very different than Miami. People in Miami go over the top with everything, especially their clothes ;-)

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code for Clubs in South Beach

I would highly recommend against "flip flops" unless you will just be at some dive bar or lounge. Most clubs you will find the clientel wearing (for men) shoes (not necessarily sneakers), stylish jeans/pants and a collared shirt, possibly a jacket... whereas ladies will be seen in everything from jeans to dresses. I agree with the previous postings that South Beach is a very "dressy" place, for the most part.

Find a couple of clubs/bars you want to go to and call ahead to find out the dress code specifically for those places. You do not want to find yourself in a situation where you cannot get into somewhere due to what you are (or are not) wearing.

5. Re: Dress Code for Clubs in South Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 05:16