We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightclub/lounge Advice? Set? Mynt? Louis? Liv? Fla Room?

Virginia
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nightclub/lounge Advice? Set? Mynt? Louis? Liv? Fla Room?

Hi everyone!

My husband & I are in our mid-30's and coming to South Beach in April. We haven't been there since 2005 and would like to try and go to the most exclusive/best/upscale clubs or lounges that South Beach has to offer.

I've read a lot about The Florida Room, SET, Mynt Lounge, Louis & Liv and are thinking that we should probably choose amongst those, but was hoping for some advice...

We don't like huge mega clubs (like Mansion). We are in our 30's so we don't want to be somewhere where everyone is in their early 20's. We are willing to pay for Bottle Service to get us in. Back in 2004 & 2005 we really loved Prive (in the ultra-lounge area) but of course that has since closed. We also went to Mynt back then and the concierge at our hotel says it's really good, but I can't imagine that 5 years later it still is a hotspot? Don't clubs get old?

We do prefer the smaller venues, and a dancefloor isn't necessary. Don't like cheesy places... Definitely a very upscale vibe is what we're going for.

Can anyone assist with recommendations?

Thanks!!!

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightclub/lounge Advice? Set? Mynt? Louis? Liv? Fla Room?

What about O1 - it's the newly renovated Pearl at Nikki Beach. Looks beautiful. Also check out miamibeach411.com's forum. Lots of great info there.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightclub/lounge Advice? Set? Mynt? Louis? Liv? Fla Room?

You can try the Wall Lounge @ the W Hotel, Coco de Ville and Louis @ the Gansevoort -- There is also O1 as the other poster mentioned, haven't been there yet though.

IV is also a popular spot but it is more like Mansion, huge and very busy and crowded late night.

Edited: 17 March 2010, 18:18
Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightclub/lounge Advice? Set? Mynt? Louis? Liv? Fla Room?

My two cents...

LIV is great, but incredibly hard to get into sometimes. its also huge, you might wanna shy away since you dont seem to want that. Pearl is also very nice. Smaller and in Nikki Beach so the atmosphere is a little different. Wall Lounge in the W is great and quite popular these days (not to say the other two arent).

4. Re: Nightclub/lounge Advice? Set? Mynt? Louis? Liv? Fla Room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 06:16