We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TopFree in North Miami Beach

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
charlotte
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
TopFree in North Miami Beach

I already know about Haulover Beach, but is it OK and/or common to go topless on the beaches outside of South Beach. Need to know how many tops to take!

Domain of...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TopFree in North Miami Beach

Nope.

charlotte
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: TopFree in North Miami Beach

OK, somewhat answered my own question. Found meeting notes to a community meeting for Bal Harbour. Apparently two 70+ women complained that some young ladies were not wearing their tops. A councilman said that Miami/Dade did not restrict topless bathing on the beach, but local municipalities could place such a restriction. The head of the Chamber of Commerce said that such a restriction would make the city look bad and hurt tourism, therefore they were not going to do it. So end result is that it's OK unless a local restriction exists, which apparently there are none. Now whether or not it happens frequently, is what I'm curious about. Specifically my husband and I were thinking about staying at the Trump Tower in Sunny Isles and spending some time at the beach there and other time at Haulover Beach.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TopFree in North Miami Beach

I go topless all the time, never had a problem!

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TopFree in North Miami Beach

The guy from Sunny Isles will disagree stating it is a "family beach" and no one goes topless there but I have seen a few ladies outside ( north of) Haulover. You may be the only one but it is doubtfull anyone will say anything. I've said this before --if you are not harming anyone and no one complains, almost all beaches can be topless, but if someone complains just say in a foreign accent "I did not know" and cover up. Having your husband wear a speedo and smoking lots of ciggarettes also adds to the illusion

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
103 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TopFree in North Miami Beach

We stay every year twice in Sunny Isles and I have never seen anybody topless. So you might be the only one.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,662 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TopFree in North Miami Beach

Topless is fine in Miami. Bring something along "just in case" you are bothered... but generally speaking - it really should not matter.

ted
texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TopFree in North Miami Beach

wait a minute. aren't you on the huge thong board, too?

sim
Sunny Isles Beach,FL
Level Contributor
521 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TopFree in North Miami Beach

As a resident of Sunny Isles Beach I can tell you this, very seldom do I see a woman topless in Sunny Isles Beach. It would probably be OK on the beach, but not at pool side. Sunny Isles Beach is a conservative, upscale community and more oriented toward a family atmosphere.So, If you are topless, you will be the only one, but may be that is what you are looking for.

charlotte
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: TopFree in North Miami Beach

Sim - not what I'm looking for. But wanted to stay away from South Beach and liked the Sunny Isles area. I can't say that I would classify it as family oriented, except for a few spots though. At least based on my experience. And I didn't necessarily want to go down to the nude beach either.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TopFree in North Miami Beach

South Beach has different areas as you go up and down the beach. For example, the beach access around 22nd Street is different than 17th Street is different than 12th Street.

We typically stay at one of the hotels around 17th Street and find it a great mix of locals, families, professionals on vacation, topfree ladies, young folks and old folks (like me!). The hotels along this area are not cheap thus the people on the beach tend to reflect the hotel's clientele. My wife goes topfree right near the 17th street beach access and lifeguard stand and is very comfortable. She may be the first as we hit the beach very early in the morning but she is never the only one. Right next door is the Delano and this area typically has a fair number of topfree sunbathers.

I hope that helps!

Cheers!