We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for nice oceanfront (and affordable) hotel in SB

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for nice oceanfront (and affordable) hotel in SB

My husband and I will only be staying one night in Miami and we want to make the best of it. Since it's November and on a Thursday night, I'm hoping we can score a good deal on an oceanfront room.

Where should I look?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for nice oceanfront (and affordable) hotel in SB

bookit.com, hotels.com, kayak.com, hotelscombined.com, expedia.. do you have a budget and what amenities do you want? you do not need a car if you stay in south beach.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for nice oceanfront (and affordable) hotel in SB

i lost money dealing with 1800 hotels.com last year.. i lost 2000 and finally retrieved about 1600 of it back , so AVOID that website. the others listed seem to be ok. it is always a risk. ( the above mentioned went 'bankrupt'.. for a month).

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for nice oceanfront (and affordable) hotel in SB

Thanks.. but any specific hotels you can recommend?

I'm hoping to find something for under $150

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for nice oceanfront (and affordable) hotel in SB

Hello Adrenalina,

Finding an Ocean Front room for $150 may be tough but you don't know until you try!

Hotels you might check out are Royal Palm, National, Loews (may be too much), DoubleTree Surfcomber, and South Seas.

Know that you don't want to shop price only. Yes, you may get a good price and value but some hotel you get what you don't pay for - LOL.

MHO,

SBF

5. Re: Looking for nice oceanfront (and affordable) hotel in SB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 15:05
London, UK
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for nice oceanfront (and affordable) hotel in SB

I second The Bentley and you could also try The Park Central which has reasonable rates and some oceanfront rooms. Most of the hotels on Ocean should have some rooms with ocean views, but because they're separated from the beach by Ocean Drive and Lummus Park, they offer cheaper rates than the bigger hotels north of 14th which occupy the whole block between Collins and the ocean. If you really do want one of the hotels which back directly onto the beach, then The National and The Royal Palm usually have the best rates, because the rooms are a bit tired.

7. Re: Looking for nice oceanfront (and affordable) hotel in SB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 06:16