We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The newly renovated Red South Beach Hotel

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottesville
2 posts
Save Topic
The newly renovated Red South Beach Hotel

Formerly called Habana Nivre (something like that) Has anyone checked this out?

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The newly renovated Red South Beach Hotel

free>

Have you RED the reviews?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34439-d217415-…

AG

Charlottesville
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The newly renovated Red South Beach Hotel

I have. They appear to be mixed. What is your opinion? I am going with friends in March and did not want to spend a great amount on a hotel. Looking for Peace and quiet. Just a getaway from kids and stress

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The newly renovated Red South Beach Hotel

Freedom>

I generally feel a location south of 23 street makes it easier to walk around to sights, restaurants and bars so unless you are already booked and paid at RED, I'd say try something in an easier location to the south.

There is a 25 cent shuttle and more fun options in the South Beach area so you are not limited to the food, drink at the hotel.

Transport info

southbeach-usa.com/maps/miami-beach-maps.htm

AG

greece
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The newly renovated Red South Beach Hotel

We are also thinking of booking at red south hotel for late march. I've noticed that the latest reviews after renovation are generally good and the rates are way better than our two other choices which are clevelander and catalina. Actually our only concern was the distance factor but most of the people say it's 15 minutes walk from south beach scene. AG please tell me will it be a problem for us? We are coming there to party so i guess we will be out late.Is it walkable at night or we ahve to get a taxi and you know how much will it cost? finally is this a hotel that will be inhabited by young people like us and have a lively atmosphere (early thirties). Sorry for many answers and i'm really forward for your answer to finalize our decision!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The newly renovated Red South Beach Hotel

abreal>

Of your choices for a party & young hotel, Clevelander on 10th Street is first, Catalina on 17th Street is next. The streets with the most clubs, bars, restaurants and fun 5 through 17.

Red is on 31 Street...

My guide www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

AG

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
606 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The newly renovated Red South Beach Hotel

15 mins to South Beach - what they mean is 15 mins to the START of South Beach (which I consider the park between 21 (Days Inn) and 22nd (W Hotel). Its ANOTHER 20 mins to the heart of South Beach, Ocean Drive. My firm opinion do Clevelander or if you want away from the noise Catalina or Townhouse (on 20th). In addition coming back at night walking, there are some sketchy areas between the start of South Beach (22nd) and Red South Beach. Watch what places place in names - remember everyone North Miami Beach IS ON THE MAINLAND!! I always have gotten a charge of that misnomer!!

Edited: 14 February 2011, 01:23
greece
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: The newly renovated Red South Beach Hotel

Thank you both very much. I'm trying to persuade everyone to book finally at Clevelander cause i'm persuaded that for the purposes of our trip is the best option.

8. Re: The newly renovated Red South Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 11:16