We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

Hey all,

Considering a few night stay at this hotel. Anyone know what the prices are for a beer (say Bud Light) and a glass of wine? Also, are coolers allowed on the beach, thinking of buying some beer before arriving at the hotel and bringing a collapsable cooler.

Thanks.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,583 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

tj>

You are very wise. There is a Walgreens nearby on 41 Street where a cooler, ice, beer & wine are your ticket to cost-consciousness. Also many liquor stores.

Follow my guide - www.tinyurl.com/BEACH-AG

AG

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

I arrived at the fb last year with my grey goose packed in my suitcase! lol... my friends were drinking from open bottles with no problem at all.. there is a law about no glass containers. i would be discreet if i were to bring drinks to the beach just because there is waitress service and i am not positive about the law. I have never been bothered when i brought my own drinks. To have one cocktail can run you 20.00 including 18 percent gratuity. I dont drink beer , so i dont know about the price. You should pick up snacks , as well, while shopping at walgreens bc the food is very expensive as well. I did have great lunches at the restaurant, la cote, which is open and by the ocean... amazing!!!

Having said all of that, i am going back again this year,, even tho it is very costly, it is still gorgeous and worth it.. (ask for an upgrade, they gave me a suite for FREE last year..it was an entire nyc apartment with a kitchen, 2 bathrooms an washer, dryer, terrace overlooking the ocean).. :)

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

The last time I had a glass of wine at FB with a friend, the bar tab came in at $45... for 2 glasses!!! Once you add in tax and auto grat, it is very pricey...

Jess

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

To answer your beach question, technically you can not have any type of alcohol on the beach because it is a public park. Glass containers are also prohibited.

As a lifelong resident- I have NEVER had a problem, other than one time a very friendly officer asked me to pour my beer into a plastic cup...she was almost embarrassed to tell me to do it; and told me she wanted me to enjoy my beer, just to make sure to drink from plastic and throw away the bottles at home and not in the metal bin on the sand.

You'll see booze everywhere, the law is only enforced when a problem arises with someone who is very intoxicated and is bothering others.

Yogi

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

Can you explain how the hotels such as Loews, FB and al of the others are allowed to serve it then? Is it because they are designated as "private beaches"? Not challenging what you said, just wondering. Thanks.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

Hi!

Beach ownership is a very technical question beyond the scope of this forum, if you want the boring details PM me and I'll be happy to discuss fun topics like mean water line, ancient use, and other legal subjects.

The public in general is permitted to use the beaches at FB, Lowes', etc. If these hotels advertise a "private beach" what they really mean is "private beach access".

Alcohol sales by the hotels has been debated as recently as last year, here's a link to the article. I haven't found an update. My guess is for the time being while the sales are technically illegal, the law is not being enforced. http://tinyurl.com/2wckxcq

For the time being don't worry about it, this is the kind of stupid political stuff us locals get to listen to.

I truly hope you have a fantastic trip!

Yogi

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

I have stayed in south beach at different times both with and without waiter access and chair /umbrella availability.

I have to say , being that I am aware beforehand, i hand over the cash for the chair and umbrella and enjoy having a great lunch and drinks delivered to my chair. It turns the beach experience into a vacation experience vs a regular beach visit. (still am smart enough to bring my own drinks at times , but having the option is luxurious).. you won't catch me sitting on a towel!! lol

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

Was at FB over the weekend. Beers ran $8 and a rum and coke was $15

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

wow! bargain!!!!! :)

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beer/Wine Prices at Fontainebleau

Very nice hotel with ridiculous prices. Just got back from a business trip. $19 for a Chivas scotch. $32 for a room service hamburger. Great hotel, but not worth the $$$ at all.