We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Strand Ocean Drive: New Hotel

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
4 posts
Save Topic
The Strand Ocean Drive: New Hotel

Just FYI if anyone is looking for a place to stay in South Beach over President's Week or other holidays (a lot of places do not have any availability), there is a hotel that recently opened called The Strand on Ocean Drive and it was fabulous. My husband and I stayed there in a one bedroom oceanview suite (overlooking Versace's palm trees and mansion)and everything is brand new. There is a roof top pool that is spectacular, full kitchen with cookware, silverware, wine glasses, dishes, etc. and a soaking bath tub with a (I think it's called) a rain shower, and a lot of other nice amenities. You don't feel like you are in a hotel but it is more like a great apartment. You are right ON Ocean Drive across from Lummus Park, and the beach. My husband and I loved the privacy and the elegance of this boutique hotel. Although we enjoyed visiting the "chic" Collins Ave. hotels ie. Delano, Shore Club, they were a bit snooty and crowded. But, hey, to each his own. The Strand is brand new, however, and the "casual" restaurant is not open yet and there wasn't any private area for The Strand guests on the beach. I'm sure they are working on these things though. Great location, great hotel. Will definitely go back.

Guttenberg, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Strand Ocean Drive: New Hotel

How much?