We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrow down choices for middle aged couple

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
526 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Narrow down choices for middle aged couple

Two fifty-somethings, young at heart, but who still need their R&R while on vacation are looking for the perfect SoBe getaway. Comfortable room, good service, quiet pool, and easy beach access are on our wish list.

Down to what we think are the four finalists...

The Tides

Sagamore

The National

The Betsy

Your thoughts?

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narrow down choices for middle aged couple

I would imagine the Tides and Betsy are more expensive than Sagamore or National. If pool is important then National I think has the nicest one from your list. National and Sagamore back up to the beach directly, while Betsy and Tides are on Ocean Drive, across the street and park. You are most likely to get a great ocean view from Tides.

I think the Tides and Betsy are more upscale. You can't really go wrong with any of the four. If staying at any Ocean Dr hotel (e.g. Betsy) avoid rooms facing tha alley, there are loud delivery and garbage trucks early in the morning. This is less of a problem with Tides because of its layout.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
526 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narrow down choices for middle aged couple

Thanks for your input, rk.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Narrow down choices for middle aged couple

rk2005 is right - The Betsy and The Tides are the two upscale choices. I have no direct experience of The Sagamore but I'd discount The National immediately on the basis of the rooms. Admittedly it's over a year since I've seen inside one, but I thought they were old, tired and very disappointing, so unless they've been revamped, I would remove it from your list. I would only consider it if your budget is tight, which I'm assuming it's not given your shortlist.

4. Re: Narrow down choices for middle aged couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 19:17