We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day, night in Miami - where to stay what to do?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
One day, night in Miami - where to stay what to do?

My husband, 19 year old son and 17 year old daughter will be arriving in Miami at 10 am on Friday 7/15, and leaving early Saturday morning. We would enjoy a "Miami" experience, maybe an Everglades tour? Any suggestions on where to stay, other ideas, best tours etc., would be great. We would prefer not to rent a car since we are flying out at 7 am.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day, night in Miami - where to stay what to do?

VL>

Lots of great choices on Miami Beach. The Loews gets GREAT comments for family travel. For tours - there are dozens from more serious architecture walks through the Deco district www.mdpl.org or fun boat rides like www.ducktourssouthbeach.com

To get a better idea - check in here:

http://www.miamibeach-usa.com/miami-tours/

My guide to family friendly dining - www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

Enjoy!

AG

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day, night in Miami - where to stay what to do?

If you just have the one day and won't have a car, I would definitely try to stay someplace central (between 5th and 20th and either on or near Ocean or Collins in South Beach (the southern tip of Miami Beach). That way, you'll have a huge choice of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance, as well as the beautiful beach. And lots and lots of people-watching of course. The art deco architecture in that area is beautiful, and I also highly recommend the walking tour that AG suggested - it's a fascinating introduction to the area whether you're into architecture or not.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day, night in Miami - where to stay what to do?

Thanks for the advice! We don't want to spend too much money on the hotel, since we will be there such a short period ot time. Lowes seems out of range (but sounds fantastic!). There are so many mixed reviews of other hotels, any suggestions?

Are the Everglade tours anywhere near South Beach? Are they super touristy?

Thanks again.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day, night in Miami - where to stay what to do?

Take a look at website oyster.com. The thoroughness and objectivity of their reviews and the dozens of undoctored photos of hotel rooms are invaluable when I'm trying to pick a place to stay. They don't cover every city you might want to visit, but Miami is one of the places they cover very well, from pretty basic fleapits up to the most deluxe hotels.

Edited: 15 June 2011, 15:41
5. Re: One day, night in Miami - where to stay what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 00:17