We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide Sth Aust
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

We are travelling from Australia to Miami and are going to a football game at Sun Life Stadium - we don't want to hire a car. We know there is no public transport to the Stadium but if we catch a cab there how hard is it to get one at the end of the game?

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

It can take a while. People who take cabs tend to leave early & that strips all the cabs off the line who then have a hard time getting back to pick up more fares because of all the traffic. You may have to wait a half hour or more. And if it's a night game I would re-think my options as it is not a good neighborhood. At least there are always a lot of police.

Adelaide Sth Aust
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

Thanks - we are going to see if we can book a round trip once we get to our hotel. The game starts around 4pm (Sunday 18 Sept) we know we need to get there early and hopefully finishing at around 8pm it wont be too bad?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

I'm in the same boat. Going to match on the 12th Sept (7.30 start) and wondering about transport. Are there no bus services to the stadium?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

I strongly suggest renting a car - and getting there early.

Adelaide Sth Aust
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

There is no public transport to the stadium and apparantly in a not so good area, we are going to speak with our hotel concierge to see about booking the same taxi as a round trip

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

The desk or concierge may have access to a deal with a tour bus operator.

Middletown, Delaware
Level Contributor
104 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

How did that work out for you? we are coming down in DEC and i am trying to figure out the same thing.

Adelaide Sth Aust
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

We had no problems - it was a 4.30 game and were staying at Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North - we didn't pre book Taxi's the hotel pretty much had one waiting on stand by and the driver had no issue taking us there. We did leave before the game finished but only by 5 minutes and there was a huge line of taxis at entrance gate 4 - which is where the taxi will drop you on arrival. All in all for us it was no hassle.

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

With the Dolphins having an 0 & 5 record & the starting Q-back out for the season, no one should have much trouble finding taxis, discount tickets, or a quiet place to nap in the stadium during the remaining games.

There will be more excitement at Art Basel.

Sharon...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi's from Sun Life Stadium

Does anyone have the number of a good cab company? Thank you.