We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the jellyfish still at south beach?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Are the jellyfish still at south beach?

The jellyfish have been invading south beach for the last few weeks are they gone yet?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the jellyfish still at south beach?

The jelly fish are still here. Ugh.

Jess

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are the jellyfish still at south beach?

are there lots of them

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are the jellyfish still at south beach?

Yes at the moment there are. I am guessing it is from the hurricane that just brushed by us.

Jess

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are the jellyfish still at south beach?

There were still a few up at Haulover beach on August 28 and the purple flag was still up. But no one was stung while I was there, although several people saw them.

Miami, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Are the jellyfish still at south beach?

There were a few last Sunday Sept. 4th on SOBE at 6th street. A man seems to have been stung by one since he had a rash on his chest after he came out of the Ocean and said that it had a burning feeling. Does anybody know the current status, or where to check for current flag conditions on South Beach? Thank you.

florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are the jellyfish still at south beach?

I just called Ocean Rescue (the NON emergency number) at Miami Beach - 12.58 pm on Tuesday 6th September - they are flying a purple flag today - I was told yes there are jellyfish in the water - the situation is slowly improving, but they are still there.

Edited: 06 September 2011, 18:01
7. Re: Are the jellyfish still at south beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 06:15