We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Savoy Hotel in South Beach

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
The Savoy Hotel in South Beach

Hi all

Me and my girlfriend will be coming to Miami Beach in July next year.

I have already booked the Grand Beach Hotel, and while it looks like a great hotel, the location leaves a bit to be desired (about 5 km to South Beach)

We will have a car, but would prefer not to drive back and forth.

I then stumbled across the Savoy Hotel which, to me, is in a much better location.

But reading the reviews it doesn't seem like the best hotel. The pictures I've seen here on tripadvisor, makes it a bit hard to form an impression as well, as it is hard to tell what kind of rooms they are.

Some people however mentioned that it is, or will be, under renovation.

Does anyone have any information on the process, and when they will be finished?

I'm looking to book the one bedroom ocean suite.

We would like to be in an area with restaurants and shopping, but still in a quiet place, which is why the Savoy looks like a good place to be.

Would we be better off keeping our reservation at the Grand Beach Hotel, and then just take a cab to and from the hotel, or would The Savoy be a better option?

The nightly rate is more or less the same at both hotels for an oceanfront room - roughly $250 + tax

Thanks

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Savoy Hotel in South Beach

$250 for July is high unless you are coming around the 4th which is a big

U.S. holiday. The renovations will be complete at the Savoy by the end of 2011

where the location is excellent. Book something that can be canceled and wait to see if people are really liking what they have done to the Savoy.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,094 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Savoy Hotel in South Beach

R>

The Savoy - once renovated - will be a better choice and HONESTLY - you need no car at all so you will save $$$.

A shuttle circles South Beach for 25 cents making it a better choice than paying A GREAT DEAL to park a car.

AG

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Savoy Hotel in South Beach

Thanks for your replies

The $250 per night is directly from the hotels website.

We'll be staying in Miami from July 11th to 14th, so no major holidays that I know of around that time?

For some reason none of the big hotel websites (booking.com, hotels.com, expedia.com etc.) has the ocean view suite available, otherwise I might have been able to get a better deal.

I will book The Savoy with the option to cancel it, if the reviews don't improve.

We will hang on to our car though, as we're doing a Florida "road trip", so don't want to spend time dropping it off and then picking it up again a few days later. We will just have to pay the extortionate parking fees, and count that as a loss

Thanks for your help :)

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Savoy Hotel in South Beach

e-mail the Savoy directly and contact the manager about better rate and

the ocean view room you want. Room 312 in the South Bldg is considered a pool view,but gets a good ocean view from the balcony and the living room.

Edited: 25 October 2011, 18:03
5. Re: The Savoy Hotel in South Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 14:19