We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

Is it possible to get a reservation in South Beach for this Saturday night (Nov. 19)? We'd like something in the moderate price range, but with good food and pleasant atmosphere. Doesn't need to be a real "hip" place, but would enjoy a pleasant setting, especially one outside if the weather permits. I know this really is last minute , so would much appreciate help.

Many thanks.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

opentable.com shows numerous places with availability Saturday night. Looks like you have a variety of choices.

florida
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping for suggestions, since I don't know the area at all.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

Nancy -

You are FINE for sidewalk dining - no reservations necessary... you just need to pick a kind of cuisine.

Start here

miamibeach-usa.com/sidewalk-cafes-in-miami-b…

AG

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

Sorry, but I've only been to a few places in South Beach. And you don't have many criteria since "moderate" could be a wide range and many, many places, especially along ocean drive, have outside dining. None of those cafe's are really "moderately priced", in my book, though. I've heard Vinyl and Kai's is good, and it has a little bit of outside seating. But the one time we tried to go there the electricity was out. It is on my list to try next time.

florida
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

Thanks-- and thanks for the website especially.

"Moderate" in our book I guess means entrees in the high 20's or low 30's (before drinks); appetizers in the $8-$14 range.

We're being put up at the downtown Hilton (ugh). Will it be difficult to drive and find parking in SoBe on Saturday or Sunday night? I'm especially concerned because of the huge Miami Book Fair this weekend (though I suspect it's not unusual to have something "huge" happening in Miami).

Thanks once more.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

Nancy,

No worries. The book fair is GREAT - and it is also CONTAINED at the college campus downtown so you should not have any issues on South Beach. My suggestion is to pop over i-395 to Miami Beach and drive east on 5th street to Collins, turn left and park at the 7th Street garage.

This leaves you in the center of the district and able to walk to everything.

At sunset, a drink by the water at Smith & Wollensky in South Pointe Park is lovely or a happy hour stretch at Monty's at the Marina on 300 Alton can be fun (drinks, not necessarily the whole night). BOTH have plenty of parking out front if you decide to stop there first before putting the car in the garage...

This is my guide to city wide eats at all prices -

www.tinyurl.com/EAT-AG

AG

florida
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

Thanks AG. (Alas, according to weather forecasts, there's not likely to be a sunset this weekend. Rain and clouds-- bummer.)

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

As longtime residents who lve nearby, we've found that restaurant prices on Lincoln Road tend to be more reasonable than Ocean Drive or places close to it. Plus Lincoln Road is more fun if you haven't tried it.,

We don't eat out much, but our favorites for Cuban food are Davids 2 on Meridian a few doors north of Lincoln (they have a great $8.95 lunch buffet) and Puerto Sagua at 7th and Collins (a few doors from the aforementioned 7th street garage) We also like Hakan, a Turkish restaurant at 1040 Alton Road, and they have belly dancers on weekends.

9. Re: need last minute help with SoBe restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2012, 10:18