We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear to Spiga & Mango's in February

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What to wear to Spiga & Mango's in February

I know it's been asked a thousand times before, but I wanted to see if there were any new opinions out there.

We have dinner reservations at Spigas and were planning to go to Mango's afterwards. Can we wear the same outfit to both places and still feel like we fit in? Are dressy jeans, heels & top appropriate for women and modern slacks/button up okay for men? Or should women wear something more formal?

Also, does anyone know if there is a cover charge for Mango's?

Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear to Spiga & Mango's in February

Also, do you think there is a different club we would like better than Mango's? We are mid-thirties, haven't been to a club in years but want to try a SoBe club while we're there! We're staying at Edgewater so prefer somewhere within walking distance. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear to Spiga & Mango's in February

Hello THE Quenzetta from the Big D...

I would say you can absolutely wear the same for both and fit in perfectly. Mango's is a popular stop for dancing after dinner so you'll see folks dressed up after a fancy dinner as well as dressed down after pizza and beer. I've been in Mango's in a coat and tie as well as blue jeans.

I'm thinking if it's a quiet evening or early in the evening, Mango's may not charge a cover... however I recall the last time it was busy and entry was some $5 or $10.... with a fairly short line. Mango's is ever so cheesy but so fun. Having said that, the last time we were there, the front dance floor (they have two) in front of the live band was being used for more table and chairs with an emphasis on the professional dances (boys and girls) doing their thing on the bartops (Mango's trademark). Hopefully that was for a special event as normally their dance floor was packed. As February is peak season, hopefully they have a live band all nights rather than just the weekends.

Another club you may want to put on your list would be Jazid on Washington (may have a $10 cover). Usually a good dance floor and the only spot I know that has live music 7 nights a week. Also, Florida Room at Delano or maybe just relax in the Delano lobby and people watch.

MHO,

SBF

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear to Spiga & Mango's in February

Thanks SBF! Appreciate the input. If we're feeling really gutsy we might try LIV... I know that isn't within walking distance of course. Do you think a couple would have trouble getting in there?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear to Spiga & Mango's in February

I have stayed at the FB and even as a guest, have a hard time getting into LIV. It is really insulting actually. I would just get there really early, like 10 and see how it is. If you are too early, you can have drinks right there in the lobby at the BLUE bar. Mango's IS way over the top CHEESY as noted previously. LIV is less so, and very 'trendy'. It is worth the cab ride to get there, just hope you can get in.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear to Spiga & Mango's in February

We where at Spiga's last Feb had a great dinner outside,It was warm, wifey and I were dressed up - she in dress and heels me slacks and guess shirt.

After that - Delano for a short spell then on to Shore Club - that was nice!

For what its worth we early 50 and never felt out of place where ever we went.

We are returning again in March

Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to wear to Spiga & Mango's in February

if you go to fb,you will love it there ,we go for the boat show every year and stay there this year feb 15 to 21 ,we have so much fun at the blue bar we never make it into liv, maybe this year we will

7. Re: What to wear to Spiga & Mango's in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 10:16