We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I save $$ on car rentals?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ottawa
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I save $$ on car rentals?

I've heard that Miami is a challenging city to drive around, and of course car rental and parking can be expensive. So I'm wondering where it makes sense to take taxis or bus/other-- if convenient and not too expensive.

Staying at Four Points by Sheraton, 4343 Collins, mid-March. here are tentative tour plans:

- visits to S. Beach - plan to take bus, walk or taxi.

- visit to friends in Hollywood and Hallendale - rent car or other way?

- Miami Zoo

- Miami Science Centre

- little Havana

- Everglades ( maybe bus tour?)

- day trip to Key Largo (rent a car for this)

-NBA game (taxi?)

thanks in advance for any advice!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,535 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I save $$ on car rentals?

travel>

Check a search site like Traveloity or hotwire and see what rates you might find on a rental car. I think you might save some $$$ doing it on your own as some of the places you wish to visit are far away and very expensive via taxi...

AG

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I save $$ on car rentals?

There's a car rental company called E-Z Rent A Car which has really good rates in Miami as opposed to the bigger name Budget and National etc...

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I save $$ on car rentals?

You can get a public bus southbound to south beach from there. As for car rentals, checl travelocty. There used to be one in the Eden Roc. Don't knoe if its still there. Check thr phone book also.

4. Re: Where can I save $$ on car rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 10:20