We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo Park neighborhood safety?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Flamingo Park neighborhood safety?

I am looking at renting an apartment on Meridian Ave, just across from Flamingo Park. Can anyone tell me if this area is safe to walk through at night compared to other south beach neighborhoods?

Thanks,

Jamie

montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamingo Park neighborhood safety?

Nice safe area... and whole food grocery on 10 and Alton is a must for lunch or dinner..great food everyday in their buffet !

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamingo Park neighborhood safety?

It's a generally safe area. If you are a single female you may want to avoid walking alone late at night, some of the streets are a bit dark.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamingo Park neighborhood safety?

I suggest not walking around alone very late at night, and avodiing Flamingo Park itself after 9 or 10 PM. There are a few other good little restaurants on Alton in that area. We like Hakan, the Turkish restaurant at 1040 Alton. Good food and reasonable. Weekend nights I think they have belly dancing included.

Flamingo Park has a very nice public pool. If you are renting an apartment, you may be entitled to free admission.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flamingo Park neighborhood safety?

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flamingo Park neighborhood safety?

That neighborhood is very lovely to live in and safe. Late night I have walked through the park but it is like anywhere, be aware of your surroundings. But on the whole it is a good area to be in.

Jess

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flamingo Park neighborhood safety?

Reportedly, the problem with the park late at night hasn't been so much a matter of crime as it's being used as a gay cruising ground. But the neighborhood generally is quite safe.

7. Re: Flamingo Park neighborhood safety?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 10:22