We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good beaches around maimi beach in may

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good beaches around maimi beach in may

Hello all we are travellng to florida in late may and we have around 10 days. We will be spending 3 days in south beach and 4 days in keys. We were wondering of what to do in the rest of 3 days. Are there any good beaches in the way or nearby miami which we can visit or other things to do ? We are in late 20's two people.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good beaches around maimi beach in may

I assure you that everyone on this forum will tell you not to spend so much time in the Keys if you want the BEACH. You should do 2-3 days max in the Keys and the remainder in the South beach area for the most fun beach area with plenty to do. There is much to be said about other beach areas in Miami, I am sure ( I like North Miami beach area also..but more spread out and less to do).

*****There is a yearly Urban Hip Hop Festival in South Beach, starting around Thursday May 24- Monday May 28. You may REALLY want to avoid it, because of the crowds and the rowdiness of the huge 5 day partly... unless the hip hop party scene is your thing.. :) It is literally impossible to get around with crowds lining the street....

Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,102 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good beaches around maimi beach in may

I agree that South Beach at the end of May is an event weekend and as a result is very busy. There are some beautiful beaches in the Keys though. For the last three days does the West Coast of Florida interest you at all?

Jess

Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,102 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
7,446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good beaches around maimi beach in may

Yes, the west coast (e.g. Sanibel Island or Siesta Key) may be a good alternative. However, you can certainly spend more than 3 days in south beach and not be bored.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good beaches around maimi beach in may

yeah we definetly want to avoid the urban fest in Miami.. I have heard bad things about the fest....

yeah I know keys is not the place for beaches, thats why we wanted to find some others things to do for around 3 days... We were interested in other beaches that will be around Miami because otherwise we will waste a lot of time travelling... What do you guys suggest should be the best way to do other west coast beaches, miami and then keys too... and which places can we get accomodation at reasonable price on the memorial day weekend...

Mentioned in this post
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good beaches around maimi beach in may

We like the beach around 10th street and around 21st street in Miami Beach. Parking can be iffy in both areas, but if you use the beaches in the northern part of Miami Beach, there is loads of parking (though you'll still have to pay) Haulover Park, 6-7 miles north, charges a flat $6/day for parking and is nice. If it's your thing, the nothernmost third-mile of that beach is clothing-optional.

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: Good beaches around maimi beach in may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 10:33