We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Eating

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Eating

I was wondering what should I budget for eating out in the Miami SoBe area. Besides the tours my friend and I are doing we have rented a conodo for the week with a car.

But the we have two opitions we can eat in all week breakfast and dinner. Or eat out. Lunch would be out due to being out all day.

But a family member told me we could do MIAMI with tours and eating on $100 per day. Is that a good range. Or should I use that for eating plus tours.

The Official Art Deco Walking Tour by the Miami Design Preservation League
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Miami Pirate Duck Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Bus Tours, Duck Tours, City Tours
City Tour in an Antique Car
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
South Florida Trikke
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours, Equipment Hire
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,072 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Eating

P>

If you have rented a condo with a kitchen facility, you can stop into a market and get breakfast things, fresh bread, coffee and juice and save money by eating breakfast at the condo. I like to do this when I travel. Also great to have snacks, fresh fruit - beer or wine if you drink.

My guide to South Beach includes markets to get all you may need plus inexpensive restaurants to check out

www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

MANY South Beach bars have free or cheaper drinks and food starting at happy hour around 4pm. Here is a great guide to find them -

southbeach-usa.com/news/dining/happy-hours-m…

You can hop onto the SOUTH BEACH LOCAL - shuttle bus for a QUARTER and see the entire city. Hop off to explore the beach, the Art Deco District or anything you like and then it is only a quarter to hop back on! Print these maps before you leave home and SAVE:

southbeach-usa.com/maps/miami-beach-maps.htm

For tour info including pricing -

Enjoy your visit!

AG

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
7,030 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Eating

Costy of eating out in Miami is not much different than in Albany, so you can form an estimate based on that. All depends on where you eat out and how often. You can certainly get by easily for less than $50 per person per day if stay away from the expensive places.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Eating

Great. Thanks. I wasnt sure what to figure.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Eating

Look at posted menus and avoid the hot shot tourist traps. We like Davids 1 and 2 and Puerto Sagua for good reasonable Cuban. Also, there's a new huge Fresh Market opened on West Ave.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Eating

Thanks.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of Eating

You can get a real goo meal for $20 in most of the places. It doesn't include alcoholic beverage but it does a soft drink. If you stay away from touristic places like lincoln rd and ocean drive, you can active that. Try to stick to restaurant chains like, Fridays, Boston Market, Chili's, Lime, Pollo Tropicale, Peppers, etc. Tours can be anywhere from $40 up, depending what are you looking for.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of Eating

The 'huge Fresh Market" on west ave.. is that near the Whole Foods on 11th and Alton.. or is it better than the Whole foods??? What cross street? Thanks.Coming down soon and have to shop for food. thanks

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
672 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of Eating

Try to stick to restaurant chains like, Fridays, Boston Market, Chili's, Lime, Pollo Tropicale, Peppers, etc. Tours can be anywhere from $40 up, depending what are you looking for.

---------------------

I must confess this baffles me.

Why would one travel to Miami and then eat at restaurants that they can dine at by just going to their corner strip mall?

So many places on just about any budget that can give a traveler a taste of genuine (re: non pre-packaged-microwaved hot food.) Finding alternates may take a bit of time and research but that should be part of the fun of planning a vacation.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of Eating

Thanks. That is what we are doing is planning on eating at places that we dont have at home. Im figureing for just about double of what I pay up hear for each meal. Plus I dont drink.

Hey where near West Ave for where the CONDO is.

Thank you all for the help.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,072 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of Eating

Levanna -

Fresh Market is around Dade Boulevard and Whole Foods around 10th so they are about 10 streets apart.

PTL1954 - the purple icons on my map are west side - so close to West Avenue CONDO...

www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

ALSO print the 25 cent LOCAL shuttle map here which runs along West Ave so you can tote your groceries home for a quarter AND get EVERYWHERE fora quarter :

AG