We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing optional resorts

Saint John, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Clothing optional resorts

Has anyone heard of any fun clothing optional resorts in the US or Caribbean?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing optional resorts

Depends what you mean by "fun." There's a very nice resort, Sunsport Gardens, about 15 miles west of Palm Beach (sunsportgardens.com) I've been there twice. Also Cypress Cove, near Orlando in Kissimmee. I've been there once. One thing I like about Sunsport is that while not superfancy, it has all the amenities you'd need and does not discriminate against single males or gay couples. For a nationwide list, go to aanr.com. These are all family-oriented resorts and do NOT cater to swingers.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing optional resorts

There is several in N. Tampa. Caliente (sp?), Lake Como, and Paradise Lakes. These are not on beaches, but in North Tampa, near the "Lutz" area. I don't know any specifics, or anything more about them.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothing optional resorts

Your spelling of Caliente is correct. It is one of the more expensive clothing optional (as opposed to nudist/naturist) resorts.It has also developed a reputation for catering, at least to some extent, to swingers, which is supposedly why it was suspended from AANR(American Assoc. for Nude Recreation) Having said that, it also has a reputation for being quite luxurious. Paradise Lakes is large and very well equipped, and is also clothing-optional. I was there once, but that was back in 1997. Lake Como is more rustic and friendlier, and people generally go nude there. I was last there in 1998. Como and PL are on the same lake, but there are reports of alligators (ditto Cypress Cove) I recommend using the lakes for boating and the pools for swimming!

Irvington, New...
Level Contributor
68 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothing optional resorts

So Richard, are you saying that none of these clothing optional resorts are located on or close to any beaches? Paradise Lakes looks like something I would take in..

Do you have any idea about the crowds during July and August?

Thanks also fo that bit of info...it was very helpful.

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothing optional resorts

There is always Hedonism, Breezes Grand Negril and Couples Negril in Jamaica. They are right on the beach. I am not sure how gay friendly they are if that is what you are looking for.

Biddeford, Maine
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothing optional resorts

We just came back from a month long excursion to 4 different nudist resorts in Florida. Cypress Cove is by far our favorite. The facilities are spotless and the resort is laid out well and is close to shopping and services. Paradise Lakes was not up to par by our standards- the outdoor showers were missing knobs, soap dispenser torn off the wall, the bar was very expensive and they don't accept cash. Lake Como was rustic and aged but it was clean and comfortable. Sunny Sands in Pierson is a small nudist resort and the bar/restaurant only open on weekends but the facilities were clean and the staff very friendly. We are RVers, so the bath houses and showers are of utmost importance.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothing optional resorts

I spent a day and evening at Cypress Cove in '05 while visiting a resident there. I found it to be a superb facility. Don't miss the world's only naturist research library there. They also have a beautiful area of fine homes in the back which most visitors don't get to see.

tucson
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothing optional resorts

Try Hidden Beach resort about 45 miles S of Cancun near the Mayan ruins of Tulum. It is fully clothing optional, all inclusive, impeccable service, good restaurant, 2 bars, ( one is only open at night because it is also the disco). The resort next door (El Dorado Seaside) is owned by the same group and has 7 more restaurants (from Mexican to Japanese) and they are included in your all inclusive price. Just have to get dressed to go there to eat. My wife an I have been there 5 or 6 times.

tucson
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothing optional resorts

another option is Desert Sun Resort in Palm Springs, Ca.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clothing optional resorts

I'm not aware of any clothing optional resorts adjacent to a beach in Florida, although there are several that would involve perhaps a 30-40 minute drive