We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
366 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

Hello Experts and Contributors,

I am in need of suggestions...I made a reservation for next week at Canyon Ranch Miami Beach and just found out the hotel allows children in all pools and public areas.

Being Canyon Ranch is known as a spa, I presumed it would be adults only but apparentely it is not.

Does anyone know of a luxury spa resort that does not allow children?

thanks in advance!

Edited: 08 May 2012, 00:18
m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,915 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

I believe the Standard only allows 18 and older:

http://www.standardhotels.com/miami/

Please confirm that before booking, and note that it is a mile or so from the beach. Reviews here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34439-d296000-…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
366 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

Standard looks good but not on the beach..I'll have to take my chances and hope for considerate parents!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

I am so sorry!! I do not love a lot of children around me when I on a single's girl vacation!!

The Fontainebleu has a kids only pool set away from the other pools and that resort does not cater to too many families in general, although they are welcome. It has a great spa, and restaurants and hip Miami scene, including nightclubs... it might be something cool to look into.

I guess if you are in town for a spa type vacation ONLY, this might not work.

Bridel, Luxembourg
Level Contributor
73 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

Check the shore club, never saw kids there...

Boston...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

I totally get your concern. Stayed at the W for a few days last year and was very surprised at the number of kids at the pool. Toddlers, tweens throwing a football in the pool, etc. I was there to get away from my kids!!! Found the beach to be a little quieter and more relaxing.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,928 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

crazy>

The Canyon Ranch is SUPER QUIET. There is a very "adult vibe" there. I have passed by the pool and beach area frequently at dusk and they have a small area at the beach where the attendants have created a sort of "sand pit" near the attended chair station and in this little area they scatter a few plastic beach toys and pails and shovels for hotel guests to let their children play... far from the water.

You could very easily walk past this small area and find total serenity.

In general - that stretch of beach is only busy weekends and really quiet weekdays.

My guide to the area is posted here - www.tinyurl.com/BEACH-AG

AG

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

I don't mind children in the pool if they are not rowdy and loud and especially if they are not playing that obnoxious Marco Polo game which is enough to drive anyone crazy.

I had to comment on the football throwing. That is one of my pet peeves, in the ocean or the pool. I don't think any kind of ball playing should be allowed in pools where there is a lot of people...it is rude and intrusive. Even in the ocean there are always people who take up a large area throwing a football around. Yes, the ocean is huge but not the swimming area, especially on crowded days. Most people only go knee or waist deep. I have seen flying footballs smack people hard in their backs, and it is always annoying to have to circumvent these ball games. In a pool it is much worse

Edited: 09 May 2012, 14:48
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
366 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

Thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions!

I'm definintely staying at Canyon Ranch as I'm interested in their fitness classes and the reservation is already paid. Will let you know how it turns out.

Ievanna, I checked out the Fountainbleau and it looks great! Definitely will be staying there on my next trip as they have a nightclub too.

Advisor girl, thank you for the guide!

Edited: 09 May 2012, 17:57
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

The Delano has very few children and the rooftop pool at the Perry South Beach Hotel (Formally the Gansevoort Miami Beach) is adult-only. Both are right on the beach and walking distance to everything fun in South Beach.

MHO,

SBF

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
366 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heading to Miami Beach next week and terrified of children.

Dear fellow travelers,

Just to let you know I had a successful stay at Canyon Beach Resort in Miami Beach. Yes, they had a few families with children but not too many. No noise or disruption which is nice in a spa vacation.

In all, I loved the resort, and I highly recommend it for females traveling by themselves. There are tons of activities and I came back happy and refreshed!