We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mini review -Kimpton Surfcomber

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
mini review -Kimpton Surfcomber

Hi guys,, i just got back from a long weekend at the Surfcomber (wed-sun) and boy does the Surfcomber AMAZE!!!!!!!I have NEVER (in all of my stays in sobe) felt so welcome, appreciated and valued as a customer!!

This place is so absolutely adorable on every level.. FIrst of all the decor is so unique and cute, and the place is clean, clean.

Every employee is so pleasant and accommodating.. they can not do enough for you! I was compted so many times with drinks and 3 days of 2 beach chairs/umbrellas..

THey have free daily coffee and iced coffee.. every morning..

I thought service at the Loews was top notch, but this place has it beat!! Because it is smaller, it is very comforting and homey.. The pool is very nice although not the size of some others ..it is plenty big enough..

I would definitely recommend this as my new #1 mainly because of service , price (very reasonable at 180/night or less), location, decor and mainly SERVICE!

Can't wait to go back.. ! It makes the enormous size of the Fontainbleau and the Loews seem tiresome and impersonal (although still 2 of my favorites!)

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mini review -Kimpton Surfcomber

Thanks L,

How did the pool / public spaces feel in terms of KIDS? Some folks do not like the kid-crazy vibe at the Lowes so can you describe the KIND of holiday you had (single mom on the go? mom and daughter getaway? spa retreat?)

How was the room?

Glad to hear you had such a nice time...

AG

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mini review -Kimpton Surfcomber

Great, glad you had such a great time again. How would you compare it with the National? Were the chairs and umbrellas included for everyone, or just for you?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mini review -Kimpton Surfcomber

I actually picked it because it was a mother/daughter get away and having had spent thousands (!) at the Fontainbleu just last Memorial day, i wanted something cheaper. I had nerve going away (again) so soon!

I like the quirky decor vs the sexiness vibe of hotels like the Delano , because i was with my 15 year old.The hotel was not overrun with kids although there were some.. There were people of all ages there.. I would recommend it to families for sure and not so much for a romantic get away.. Not a party hotel or bachelerette party type place. It is a hotel of excellent QUALITY, and i think any one who ended up here would be in good hands.

The beds had italian linen , down comforters and were so comfy.THe rooms were modern and new. The bathrooms were perfect.

The National , in comparison, definitely feels run down and plain in comparison, but it is still another one of my favorites. The pool and back yard at the National are a bit more impressive, just because of the two pools (esp the long one and the set up has more seating at the Naitonal with outdoor dining .

The restaurant at the Surfcomber was amazing, but being that the beach food and the restaurant food is asian/fusion, it can get old FAST. There wasn't enough of variety on the menu and it's not fun eating crab egg rolls and the sort on the beach. This would not deter me from staying at the hotel, by any means.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mini review -Kimpton Surfcomber

The pool was closed on the 4th of jUly due to a massive party they had there. This is the reason for the free chairs. They did this for everyone on that day, but i think my free chairs (and umbrellas) on the other days was a nice gesture, and came about after my expression of gratitude for the first one, and a nice rapport with one of the beach attendants.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mini review -Kimpton Surfcomber

Thanks for the report. I like the price point - affordable for someone who lives down here but if just looking for a short getaway.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mini review -Kimpton Surfcomber

I booked through Magellan travel and originally it was 209 and when it dropped to 181 , they wrote an email to let me know that it had dropped and i had to pay 100+ LESS. Bravo!! LOL

They keep an eye out to see if the room rates drop and let you know. I usually pay everything in advance, but this has opened my eyes! Magellan also gives little 'perks', such as upgrades or free wine etc.. ( i love perks!!)

7. Re: mini review -Kimpton Surfcomber

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 06:15