We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Marlins Park

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
443 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Marlins Park

We are staying in South Beach and planning to go to see the Marlins play on Friday evening. I understand that really the only way to get to the stadium is via taxi. Three questions:

1) What would be the usual cab fare to get there.

2) Seeing as it's a Friday..would we be better off showing up to the game late due to rush hour traffic - no idea of the traffic flows there

3) Will it be easy to get a cab back to SoBe post game

Thanks!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
443 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Marlins Park

Oh..and one more important question :) Is there anything I must try at the stadium??

washington, dc
Level Contributor
90 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Marlins Park

sorry to see no one replied. i'm not a miami expert but having been there several times will offer this: I always stay in the SoBe area & have taken taxis to places "on the mainland" i.e., downtown, and I'll tell you, it's quite expensive. My very inexpert guestimate of roundtrip fare to the stadium w/tip would be around at least $55. However, don't know any other way to get there unless you research the bus system, which might be very tedious. I'm not a fan of public transportation but maybe you aren't as princessy as I am. :) Easy to get a taxi there, but DO NOT get in the car until you are SURE your driver knows how to get to the stadium. There are alot of REALLY bad taxi drivers in SoBe. The day before you go, find a taxi company that is based closer to the stadium that will take you back. A SoBe driver won't want to come get you. Hope this helps a little. Would love to hear from a destination expert on this subject.

3. Re: Travel to Marlins Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:18