We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel would you pick from this list???

Texas
Level Contributor
358 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel would you pick from this list???

We've narrowed it down to these hotels. They all look great online! Which would you pick for a two night weekend stay? We are not party people, but like nice and great atmosphere.

Loews - pool and location look great

Surfcomber - it gets great reviews

The Palms - it looks perfect, but lately has some questionable reviews

Eden Roc - great reviews and views

Grand Beach Hotel - looks great and is the best price (although I know way north). I'm okay with taking taxis

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel would you pick from this list???

E>

Surfcomber

AG

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel would you pick from this list???

Surfcomber & Loews are right in the center of everything. The others will require a bus (waiting time in the sun) or short taxi ride.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel would you pick from this list???

I have been to both , and i actually LOVE both hotels. The Lowes is most likely more expensive, but if money is no issue, i would choose it over the Surfcomber just because of it's size and the fact that there is more to do and more mingling opportunities on the property.. such as large pool and pool area combined with outdoor bar, and inside lounge area, ice-cream, starbucks, giftshop, sushi restaurant, etc.

It is about 2-3 blocks closer to Ocean drive and Lincoln road,, (where you'll want to go! )

If you like a smaller property , then the Surfcomber would be perfect. The staff there was amazing ( i was there july 4th) and very personable. The property is clean, newly renovated and at a great location. They offer free coffee and ice coffee in the morning and a free wine hour by the pool every early evening which is a wonderful and convenient touch!

I think that either would be just fine.

Texas
Level Contributor
358 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel would you pick from this list???

Thanks everyone! No one has mentioned The Palms. I guess its no good?

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel would you pick from this list???

I think all the hotels in your list are good or very good. The reason everyone is recommending Surfcomber or Loews is because of their clearly better location vs the other three. If you don't mind being a mile or more away from things and having to take a taxi or bus for going out then the Palms is certainly a fine choice.

Texas
Level Contributor
358 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel would you pick from this list???

Okay...If location is what is is all about...leaning toward the Ritz. Yes, it is $60 more per night, but it might have more of a SoBe feel than corporate Loews...??

Thoughts? Maybe SurfComber is better? The reviews are better, but the pictures make it look less upscale and cheaper than the Ritz??

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel would you pick from this list???

Have you looked at the Raleigh or Sagamore, or all the way down Ocean Drive

at the Savoy which is getting excellent reviews?

Texas
Level Contributor
358 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel would you pick from this list???

Now leaning hard on The Tides. Thoughts??

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel would you pick from this list???

Ritz feels fore corporate than Loews.

10. Re: Which hotel would you pick from this list???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:15