We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

I'm looking for a decent hotel that is within walking distance of haulover beach (nude). Any recommendations? I would also prefer a Hotel that has places to eat within walking distance. I won't be driving and will be spending most of the time at the beach. Not looking for a $400/day hotel but not looking for a $100 motel either. A decent clean place on the beach would be nice. Planning on going in September for about a week. What is the weather typically like around this time of the year? Traveling alone, looking to meet people to spend time with. Any recommendations?

-Mike

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

So I been searching and came up with the hotel Bal Harbour Quarzo in Bal Bay Drive, Bal Harbour. What do you think about this hotel? It is within walking distance of haulover beach (nude section) right? Are there places to eat around this hotel within walking distance? How is this area at night, is it safe to walk around, etc? Thanks.

-Mike

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
7,129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

Bal Harbour is nice area, quite safe at night. However, it is a good 1 to 2 mile walk from the nude section at Haulover, which is at the northern end of Haulover Park. You'll be a lot closer if you stay someplace at the southern end of Sunny Isles Beach.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

Haulover Beach (nude) is in the north part of the beach; therefore, you need to look for hotels located north from the beach, in order for it to be walking distance away from your accommodation. My recommendation would be to look at Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort or Doubletree-Ocean Point for example.

Here is a link providing more information regarding the beach and Haulover Park and all of the activities available there miamidade.gov/parks/parks/haulover_park.asp

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

Mike>

I really like the Quarzo but for your purposes, rk is right - choose the Newport. It is at the southern end of Sunny Isles Beach and is on the route of the Sunny Isles community shuttle service which gets you everywhere you want to go for FREE. (Beach by day and Aventura to shop, dine or see a movie). You can also hop onto the S bus for $2 and get to South Beach if you want to check that out.

Another idea is a private rental at the Arlen House Condos which are closer to the nude beach but more of a residential community - not a resort. I think for being on your own and looking to meet others, the Newport is the right fit & location...

Just Googled Arlen House and found this listing - but I am not endorsing it - just showing you which building is closest to the beach:

vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/14433.h…

Here is my guide to the area to help you plan - www.tinyurl.com/NORTH-AG

AG

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

Thank you all so much, I think based on cost and the options I will stay at the Newport Beachside. I'm assuming this is within walking distance of Haulover Beach (nude section). My idea is to eat breakfast somewhere near the Hotel or on the way to the beach then spend most of the day at the beach, eat lunch around the beach and return to the hotel to eat dinner nearby and relax the rest of the evening at the hotel. Looking to walk everywhere I can this way I can get exercise at the same time :) Planning to go for 7 days, 3rd week of September, what is the weather like around this time? I'm assuming I will want to fly to Miami, how far is that from the Hotel? I am really looking forward to it, need a vacation really bad and love the beach and nude beach even better.

-Mike

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

The are surrounding Newport Beachside offers plenty of restaurants and nice breakfast places within walking distance so you will be fine on that note. The weather in September is overall nice, so you should be able to get some sun and time at the beach. Sunny Isles is kind of in the middle between Miami International Airport and Fort Lauderdale International Airport, so you may select either one to fly to and from. Consider airport shuttles and taxi as a mean of transportation. if you visit the airport website you should be able to view the shuttle service they offer.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

Mike -

EXCELLENT choice.

Check a site like kayak.com to see costs of flights from all the NYC airports to MIA and FLL airports. Chances are FLL will be cheaper... From there you can hop an airport GO Shuttle to the hotel.

The Newport also has a busy and friendly pool scene to check out (but leave your guys hidden in your trunks while at the hotel)... perhaps you can try a little social activity at the hotel pool (and bar and restaurant) since you are flying solo. Do the nude beach in the morning, walk back north at lunchtime and then chill by the pool bar in the afternoon.

Also good to know:

A new fishing pier just opened out back.

Oleta Park is a short ride away due west and you can rent bikes and kayaks there to do a little exploring on your own… check out Duffy's Bar out on the Intracoastal afterward.

There are a few inexpensive places to eat between the Newport and Haulover beach so bring along a small, soft-sided cooler to fill with drinks and snacks for the days outdoors ( images.ebsco.com/vpg/f739_imprint.jpg?w=280 ).

PRINT my guide or save it to your phone so you know where to go www.tinyurl.com/NORTH-AG

STUFF to consider (just between us) - regarding your plans -

Be wary of the Florida sun - you can not really BAKE your places all day or you're going to hurt yourself. Think of your private parts as VAMPIRES - do not cast them out into direct sunlight all at once. Plan short bouts of tanning, wear strong SUNSCREEN everywhere & every day. IMAGINE how some of your stuff might feel if you were to upend a pot of boiling spaghetti water on your lap - Got it? This is a tropical climate and you can BURN on a cloudy day.

Short exposure times. SUNSCREEN with SPF in the DOUBLE DIGITS - at least 15!

OK - back to the public post:

September is still really hot and some afternoons it may rain - summer is our rainiest season as this is a TROPICAL place. Since you live in NYC you will find walking easier than most people but if after the first day you think it is too hot & too far, there are busses and shuttles along A1A to hop on and off with ease. There is a restaurant directly across the street from the beach near the boat ramp you might want to visit.

The nude section of Haulover is the northernmost strip of the sand so if you walk south on the sand from the hotel you will hit that first - it is clearly marked PLUS you will notice naked people.

Read this website to understand how the legally nude beach is run:

http://sffb.com/

Have fun!

AG

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

AdvisorGirl,

Thanks for all the great info. So how how far a walking distance is the beach from the Hotel? I will certainly be wearing SPF 30, I remember a few years ago I went to the nude beach in St. Martin (what a beautiful highly recommended place by the way) and ran out of my SPF-30 and I could certainly tell the difference. That is very good advice we all need, sun is not to be played with. Daffy's sounds familiar, I remember going to a Daffy's in St. Thomas USVI, that was a good place (also highly recommended). Really looking forward to going to the nude beach and getting my tan on. I'm not really into clubs so I guess I'll try to meet people at the beach or Hotel. Would love to buy you a drink, coffee, tea? But i'm assuming you don't live in the area...

Do things slow down in September meaning the crowds at the beach? Looks like a very busy beach based on what I've seen.

-Mike

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

Thanks Mike,

If you open the guide I posted, you can click on 2 points and hit "get directions" and GOOGLE will give you the exact distance and travel options via bus, car or walking. From your hotel to the beach is approximately 1 mile.

ALSO shuttle link -

http://www.sibfl.net/city-services/shuttle/

About a mile due west of the hotel - just over the Intracoastal Waterway that bar is called Duffy's which has a dockside outdoor terrace. Not a club - but a sports bar atmosphere with bands some nights. Casual. Located in a shopping mall with a movie theater, a great Japanese restaurant, a supermarket etc.

There is a cool coffee bar across from the hotel on 163rd called Aroma that is a good alternative to Starbucks. You will definitely meet fun people at ALL these spots, but please understand that I can only provide the vacation ADVICE to help you plan your holiday… I can't actually go along.

I know you'll have a great time!

AG

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels within walking distance of haulover beach (nude)

The clothing-optional section of Haulover is usually very busy on nice weekend days and gets busier as the day goes by. Parking can be difficult after 10:30 on the weekend (don't forget the $6 parking fee) On weekdays, it's much less crowded,

There's a concession stand right on the beach that usually opens around 11 AM. You can get burgers, sandwiches, quesadillas and light snacks there, also drinks. But if you want alcohol, you'll have to bring your own. No one cares if you do, as long as you don't use glass bottles or containers. You can get fined for that!

If you take the bus from South Beach, make sure you take the S bus (if you're south of 41st street, which is where South Beach is, you can catch a 25 cent local shuttle and ask to be left off at an S bus stop. Make sure you take the S not the 120 express. The 120 does stop at Haulover Park but only at the south end, and it's a long walk from there to the nude section. The S will let you off at 158th St. and you're right there.