We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bars or clubs in South Beach for single guys

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Best bars or clubs in South Beach for single guys

What are some good spots for single guys (straight)? Bars or clubs? We're staying on the beach.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,694 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best bars or clubs in South Beach for single guys

Hiya Straight Guy>

Where are you staying?

The bar scene of South Beach offers so many options. My preference might not be the same as yours, but I've just had a trip review from a crowd of guys who visited on a Guy's Trip from Ireland. They were kind of turned off by the scene at some of the trendy clubs...

My suggestions always include places with good music, a friendly crowd, reasonable drinks and no attitude. I don't think most guys want to be shut out by a bouncer or turned away because they aren't dressed a certain way or accompanied by hottie girls...

If you want to hit the clubs, be prepared for the velvet rope. Smile, arrive by 11 and hope for a friendly face at the door. Avoid hats, sneakers or anything vaguely "gangster" in your attire and attitude. And yes - if you can hook up with a friendly girl in the area, you might avoid the line... maybe.

Read about all the clubs at www.cooljunkie.com

My picks for immediate gratification (the best kind) are - Lost Weekend on Espanola. This is a funky friendly spot with pool tables and nice people. No drama, no swank. Likewise, Automatic Slims is always hopping. I like the Marlin Bar, the Club Deuce, the Abbey Brewery, the Purdy Lounge... The Playwright Irish Pub and both Finnegans Pubs too.

A late night spot called Buck 15 is up a flight of stairs over a Chinese place on Meridian called Miss Yip's (near Lincoln Mall). www.buck15.com

This is kind of a fun funky lounge with local art and friendly people. Also near Lincoln Mall, drop by Lucky Strike - a sports bar meets high tech bowling alley that's over 21 after 9pm. if you get antsy during the day - if it rains or you just want to play... it's really fun.

If you're staying on Ocean Drive, the center of the universe is the Clevelander Bar on 10th Street. TV, beer, sandy feet and afternoons of fun and rum... what more do you need on vacation?

Oh - guys have to eat - right? For breakfast, Front Porch Cafe 14th and Ocean. Dogs and Beer at Dogma 16th and Washington. Dogs and International $3 beer at Zeke's Roadhouse on Lincoln Mall. Pizza by the slice at Pizza Rustica (Washington and also Lincoln Mall). Big giant diner style food - actually WAY better than diner food served 24 hungry hours a day... Big Pink at 2nd and Colilns.

Big Pink should be at the top of your list. Big food, a full bar... and late hours. All good. For 24 hour food on Lincoln Mall, check out Cafeteria.

If you'll have a car and want to check out the all night party scene in Downtown Miami, venture over to Clubs A and Space where the party rolls til noon. Be aware this is an urban non-touristy area and you aren't going there to wander the streets... it's to the clubs and home again.

Have a Great Trip!

AG

2. Re: Best bars or clubs in South Beach for single guys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 15:20