We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay on Collin's Ave with 2 teenagers?

Charlotte, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Where to Stay on Collin's Ave with 2 teenagers?

My family is coming to Miami around July 21st...my teenage daughter will be bringing a friend. Is there a hotel with a mini bowling alley inside or a teen club on Collins Ave. Looking for activities within the hotel.We stayed at Sole on the Ocean before but this time we have 2 kids. Any suggestions?

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,866 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay on Collin's Ave with 2 teenagers?

T>

loewshotels.com/en/…family

The resort most families w/kids like is Loews on South Beach. If you walk along Lincoln Road Mall, there is a fun teen-friendly bowling alley that's over 21 after 9pm with food & cocktail service for the adults.The teens can wander the mall (closed to traffic but outdoors) safely plus there is a giant movie theater in the event it rains.

www.lincolnroadmall.info

AG

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay on Collin's Ave with 2 teenagers?

Hello TW from NC,

As the all-knowing AG suggested, the Loews is probably the best hotel for families. Of all the hotels, it probably has the most "resort" feel to it as it's large, has a fair bit of green space (for South Beach), and a huge family-friendly pool. The only other hotel that I'd mention would be the Ritz-Carlton - but clearly that would be a fair bit more money. They are close to each other - so both are in a great location, directly on the beach, and deliver a high-end product.

Besides Lincoln Road Mall, the girls will want to check out the shops on and near Collins between 5th Street and 8th Street. The Quicksilver store between 7th and 8th is a teenager's candy store!!

MHO,

SBF

Edited: 03 July 2014, 15:59
sarasota, fl
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay on Collin's Ave with 2 teenagers?

Hi TW-- I just want to put in my two cents as we have made several family trips to Miami Beach and have stayed at many different hotels. It's true that Loews and RC are probably the best bets if you want a large resort --relative to South Beach. But in my experience, none of the hotels really have child/teen oriented activities in house. However, as AG and SoBe fan mentioned, there are several things close by to interest your teens. So, depending on what you are looking for, price range and how old your teens are, I might suggest:

James Royal Palm-- two pool areas, large lobby with space to wander and computer stations, smoothie bar

The Raleigh -- awesome pool area and surprisingly family friendly

The Sagamore-- big rooms, sleek looking lobby area, nice outside area with family friendly pool.

All three of these hotels have enough space for the teens to wander around and IMHO they have much more of a Miami feel. You're still close to the action, without being right in the middle of the intersection. Bikes are complimentary at The Raleigh and Deco Bikes are everywhere, so if you're comfortable with them out on their own, they can take the path down to Ocean Drive during the day. We have been to the bowling alley and it's fun.

Another thought is the Marriott Stanton down on 1st. Last time we were there, they had complimentary surf lessons on Saturday mornings. It's not on Collins, but that's a great area, next to the park, with ample area to wander. Just a thought.

In our experience, the pools at Loews and RC get extremely crowded and have more kids than adults-- especially in the summer. But they are still good choices. Just depends on what you're looking for.

Have a great time!

4. Re: Where to Stay on Collin's Ave with 2 teenagers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16