We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SoFi vs. north of 15th?

San Francisco...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SoFi vs. north of 15th?

I'm visiting South Beach in early August and I'm debating either staying in SoFi or around the Lincoln Ln area, north of 15th. SoFi seems nice but also seems like it may be a bit removed. I'd like to be convenient to a diverse range of restaurants and activity, but don't want to be in the middle of South Beach on Ocean Drive, for instance. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,556 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SoFi vs. north of 15th?

In SoFi you will be around plenty of restaurants, but they will be expensive restaurants. I guess it depends which hotel you are considering...if you are getting this email before midnight your time today, July 17, do yourself a favor and sign up for Jetsetter.com...they are offering some great deals on a dozen or more SoBe Hotels....The Standard Hotel is being offered for as low as $141/night and is within a 10 minute walk to Sunset Harbour--great restos and more of a locals scene.

San Francisco...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: SoFi vs. north of 15th?

Ok, that was my impression of SoFi, although the Cuban sandwich restaurant at 6th and Euclid looks pretty solid. Thanks for the tip on Sunset Harbor and Jetsetter. I'll check it out.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,828 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SoFi vs. north of 15th?

Y>

What hotels are you considering? There are great restaurants at all price points all over South Beach.

BTW- Las Olas - the Cuban Sandwich spot on 6th is a GEM.

Find more like it on my guide: www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

AG

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SoFi vs. north of 15th?

SoFi is a much beter area overall, BUT, for a short visit you'll probably find north of 15 a bit more convenient for walking to places. The hotels on Collins are not noisy unless you get a room facing the road. If you end up staying in the SoFi area, you'll be closer to the best part of the beach, the best park, and some higher end (expensive) restaurants, though there are others within easy reach that are not too expensive, and the 25c local bus can take you anywhere in south beach.

5. Re: SoFi vs. north of 15th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:17