We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar Rental Cars good or bad?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar Rental Cars good or bad?

I have booked a Dollar car rental from Key West to Miami beach through Rentalcars.com.

Now I have seen some negative comments about them & wondering if I should cancel the booking & go with another company.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar Rental Cars good or bad?

I booked through Thrifty on my last trip and was not impressed (Thrifty and Dollar are one and the same pretty much.)

The first car I had had a door ajar problem (light and chime kept going off even though everything was closed) and the second car I got was not cleaned and also had a speed limit cap which was incredibly dangerous since I couldn't keep up with the flow of traffic.

I normally book through Hertz, but was tempted by the cheap rate Thrifty offered. In the future, I'll stick with Hertz. Although I have had issues with them, their fleet is newer, and cleaner.

If you stay with Dollar your car should get your where you need to go, but don't expect stellar service or a brand new vehicle.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,723 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollar Rental Cars good or bad?

Rent with care, Dollar and Thrifty allow you to decline their Sunpass program, and will charge you a high admin fee if you pass through a cashless toll.

https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollar Rental Cars good or bad?

I ended up canceling with Dollar & have switched to Budget for similar price. Hopefully they'll be better.

4. Re: Dollar Rental Cars good or bad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:17