We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations

I realize that there is a ton written up about the top restaurants in Miami. Honestly, I have read so much at this point that I am just confused! I am heading to South Beach this Friday for the long weekend with my hubby and 2 other couples (all 30-somethings). We are staying at the Metropolitan so we will definitely be eating at the Traymore for breakfast/lunch. Thus far, I have made dinner reservations at Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau and The Bazaar at the SLS Hotel. Any thoughts regarding these restaurants or any others?

We all love to eat and enjoy unique experiences. We do not have any dietary restrictions and are willing to spend on great food/experiences. Are there any restaurants that anyone would absolutely recommend? We have not traveled to Miami for several years so were hoping to find out about any of the new restaurants. Of course, if there are older ones you would recommend, we would love to hear about them. Also, if you have any nightlife recommendations for the long weekend, we would love to hear them as well! We are looking for cool bars/lounges.

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Scarpetta & the Bazaar at the SLS are both perfect options....I'm sure you will enjoy both of them.

It is good you made reservations, as this saves good amount of time.

Enjoy!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

@ Miroslava_Petrov - Would you recommend any other restaurants? I still need one more reservation... Thanks!!!!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,738 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

s>

Check the website www.ilovemiamispice.com

This is our area summer dining promotion where great restaurants have set menus for lunch and dinner at a reduced price. If you guys are interested in exploring our culinary scene, this is a great way to do so.

Here is my guide to casual options - www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

And more info here - southbeachmagazine.com/topics/restaurants/

If you have a preference - a type of cuisine you like - we can give you more specific info.

AG

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

@ AdvisorGirl - Thank you for your response. I have been looking at all of these resources. That is how I made the reservations I have thus far. Miami Spice has a large list of participants which I am having trouble combing through! SInce I was given the task of making the dinner reservations for Friday/Sat/Sun, I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something. I am not concerned with cuisines since we like them all... I was hoping to find out whether there are some restaurants out there that people would "absolutely" recommend over the rest for their unique food and overall ambiance/experience. Thanks again!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,738 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

S>

If you filter down to South Beach restaurants on the Spice site, that will help! Restaurants post specific set menus there so you can decide what you might like to eat. On South Beach, check out the websites / menus at Tongue & Cheek, 1826, Restaurant Michael Schwartz, MM74 at the Fontainebleau & Meat Market on Lincoln. Foodies flock to Indomania, Pubbelly and the brand new Oolite.

AG

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
95 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

@ AdvisorGirl - This is perfect! Thanks so much. I was just looking at 1826 restaurant and lounge. Thanks again for your help!!!!!!

7. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:15