We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back hotel and restaurant reviews

NJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Just back hotel and restaurant reviews

Thanks to everyone who uses tripadvisor as I do to make vacation plans. I depend on this site more than on any guide book. Hope the following info is helpful. I will check back for the next couple of weeks to answer any replies or additional questions.

Hotel: We stayed at the Inn on Fifth after much deliberation. There were some very negative reviews about the size of the rooms, service at the hotel.Ultimately we chose it for its location.

I have to say that it was really a lovely place to stay. The location is perfect. The hotel is very pretty on the inside. The rooms are clean, attractive, and well maintained. I found the front desk to be very professional, very helpful, and pleasant. Whatever I asked for was provided. After reading the reviews some have posted here I was expecting a cold shoulder and this was not the case at all. The hotel is pricey compared to some others I considered, but if you are planning to make use of the 5th ave. district, i.e. the restaurants, shops, beach, you will find that it is very convenient to go back and forth from this central location. The pool area is also nicely done and well maintained. The day we arrived I saw a sign in front of the Jacuzzi that it was out of order. That usually means that it is always "out of order" but the next day that sign was gone and the jacuzzi working.

Negatives to the hotel: really only one I can think of. There was no full length mirror in the room to check my look!

Restaurants: We had dinner at Yabba, Cafe Lurcat, Zoe, and Truluck. The only mistake was Yabba. The food isn't bad. It's okay, mediocre in quality and nothing special. The service was what was the most dissapointing. It was rushed, uneven, and I felt like I could have had a more pleasant "dining experience" at a fast food chain. It's like going to Chili's, or Fridays. No disrespect to these establishments but when I'm on vacation I want a more special meal and I don't want to rushed in and out like that.

Zoe, Truluck, and Lurcat are all very upscale restaurants with very seriously good wine lists. The service was top notch at all three. The food was excellent at all three but Lurcat was my hands down favorite. Every course was a treat. Even the side dish veggies were done with a flair.

Truluck has a piano bar . Not sure if that is every night, but the night we were there, Saturday, the place was rockin'. Bluesy piano and vocals from a two-man combo who really seemed to enjoy what they were playing. As did the crowd.

I would recommend all three and also recommend that you make reservations in advance. The walk-ins at all three were told to expect an hour to an hour and a half wait for a table. Dress code is casual and we saw it all from jeans to little black dresses.

Also worth mentioning is the Irish Pub downstairs from the Inn on 5th. It is called McCabes and it is not to be missed. They have the most wonderful and engaging entertainer in the evening. Again, I'm not sure if he is there every night but we saw him at least twice during our 4 night stay. He is the real deal. It is standing room only and everyone would be on their feet anyway because the music is that much fun. McCabes is the restaurant for the Inn on fifth and while we only had breakfast there I imagine it would have been a much better choice for a casusal dinner than Yabba was.

Hope this helps. Please post if there are specific questions or if you want any other info that I can pass along.

Mentioned in this post
Chili's
Chili's
49 Reviews
Naples, FL
Naples Fl
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back hotel and restaurant reviews

Great review- I have lived in Naples for 20 years and agree with your review. Zoes is over rated and we will not return

2. Re: Just back hotel and restaurant reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 21:21