We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples beaches

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Naples beaches

I keep hearing about how wonderful the beaches are in Naples. I'm staying in Ft Myers, but would like to drive to Naples one day to enjoy the beach (I don't really care for Ft. Myers Beach). What beach should I go to? How far of a drive would it be from Estero Island? Thanks!

Dublin OH, USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples beaches

Actually, there is one beach fairly close to you that I would recommend even more highly than those in Naples. It is Lover's Key, located in the state park at the south end of Estero. It's beautiful, has lots of exotic birds and is usually uncrowded.

Regretfully, I didn't get there during my most recent trip to this area (Easter 2005 weekend). But I did go to Clam Pass Beach in Naples, which is beautiful. It was spotlessly clean with great sand, but was also very crowded. Another option, preferred by locals, is Vanderbilt Beach. I didn't get a chance to experience it.

Both are probably 15-20 miles south of where you are. Have fun!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples beaches

Vanderbilt Beach is great but parking is limited at most of the beaches so get there early or late in the afternoon (after 2). It is about 25 mile from Estero. Take 41 to Vanderbilt beach road and make a left. The parking lot is before the beach.

Naples pier is also nice. The pier is in downtown Naples. You'll need quarters for parking if you don't have a resident sticker. Enjoy.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples beaches

Oops...not a left on Vanderbilt, a right. Sorry!

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples beaches

I have been to all the beaches arround here and really Ft. Myers is not bad if you just avoid the jam packed area arround time square (end of the first bridge) if you travel sought along Estero Blvd a few miles the crowdedness gets better. and Lovers key is fine. I have not been there in a whle but they had soem storm issues and needed to referbish the area, a FL state park website will tell you. at the end befor the sought bridge is Bonita Beach road and Barefoot beach is there which is nice. Clam's pass, Vanderbuilt all nice and it is starting to clear out so it is getting less crowded. If you are going to come to Naples you have to strol up and down 5th ave the beaches near there are just at the ends of the streets, are really nice and at 12 Ave south is the Pier they have bathrooms and conssessions. Nort about 2 mi is Laudermilk park which also has bathrooms and consessions, the beach there is fine.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naples beaches

Thanks for all of your help everyone!