We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Playa beach v Naples Grande Please!

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
La Playa beach v Naples Grande Please!

Which hotel would be better La Playa beach or the Naples Grande? Is the construction at the Grande still going on and does it interfere much?

1. Re: La Playa beach v Naples Grande Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2007, 22:48
Norwalk, Ct
Level Contributor
56 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Playa beach v Naples Grande Please!

We have stayed at LaPlaya several times and are going back again in early June. We have never had better service anywhere. The employees are polite and very helpful. Beach is beautiful and food is great. You can't go wrong.

new jersey
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: La Playa beach v Naples Grande Please!

I've never stayed at Naples Grande but I love La Playa.

I don't believe Naples Grande is on the beach, you have to take a shuttle tram. However, La Playa has both rooms in the tower all facing beach, and lower rooms (I recommend) where you walk right out onto the beach. I stayed at La Playa 4 times, and then I brought a condo in Vandervilt Beach, so be careful it's addictive!!

I know you would love La Playa, it is beautiful and only a few steps out you door and your on the beach.

When you go, there is a restaurant up the street The Turtle Club it is fabulous and you sit right on the beach. Wonderful for sunset.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Playa beach v Naples Grande Please!

Although Naples Grande is not "directly" on the beach, it is a short tram ride or walk down a beautiful boardwalk through a preserved mangrove estuary. There is a lot of scenic nature on this boardwalk. Personally, I think it is worth it. In addition, my experience with service at LaPlaya wasn't the best. Beautiful, yes, but not up to par in service in my opinion. No construction still at Naples Grande, and if you are going with kids, they have a lot to offer. Have fun!

5. Re: La Playa beach v Naples Grande Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 13:18