We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Carlton Naples vs. Fairmount Southampton Bermuda

Bernards NJ
4 posts
Save Topic
Ritz Carlton Naples vs. Fairmount Southampton Bermuda

My husband, 17 year old daughter and I are trying to schedule a last minute four night getaway in August. We have narrowed our choices to the Ritz in Naples or the Fairmount Southampton in Bermuda. We need to decide ASAP and are having a hard time!! The Ritz seems like pure luxury but Bermuda is beautiful too (don't know much about the resort though). Also we will be celebrating our daughters birthday while away. Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated in making this decision. Thanks

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz Carlton Naples vs. Fairmount Southampton Bermuda

We just got back from the Ritz - my review is posted as well.

This is not really a negative...it just depends what you are looking for. As lovely as it is, there are tons of kids (babies to 7'ish). Great for us because we were traveling with ours (ages 2.5 and 3.5) but I didn't see many teens around the grounds.

It's a very nice place - we were there for a week, but prepare yourself for many families with young children if you decide to go - especially in August as little kids don't have to start school :)

Happy Travels~

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz Carlton Naples vs. Fairmount Southampton Bermuda

Although the Ritz is a beautiful resort you daughter may not be happy. She should find some people her age if she walks north towards the public beach. They do all hang out there but mostly people her age with be at the beach by the pier. Aside from the beach there isn't anything for her to do.

I have never been to Bermuda but I know that the Fairmount is a very nice hotel and you might find more families with teenage children there than Naples.

Hope this helps!

florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz Carlton Naples vs. Fairmount Southampton Bermuda

I live in Naples with my four kids ages 11 to 1. I think your choice depends on what type of vacation you are looking for. Naples is great for the beach, shopping and relaxing. You can do all that in Bermuda but there is a lot to explore too. My husband and I went to Bermuda in summer of 2005 and had a great time. We stayed at the Rosedon in Hamilton since we didn't care to be right on the beach. We rented scooters and went all over the island. The Royal Naval Dockyard, the Crystal Caves and the snorkeling at Jobson's Cove were all great. The city of Hamilton was fun too and one night there was a really fun streetfest with local crafts and food for sale. I love Naples but I think you'll find more to do in Bermuda. But if you just want to relax I think the Ritz here in Naples would be a great place. Maybe let your daughter choose since it is her birthday?! Have fun wherever you go :)

Atlanta
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz Carlton Naples vs. Fairmount Southampton Bermuda

I have stayed at both hotels and you will enjoy either one. I thought the Ritz was more luxurious, but for a family vacation, go to Bermuda. Your daughter will enjoy driving on the Vespas that everyone uses for transportation and there is much to see. The beaches and the snorkeling are terrific. Finally - the weather. South Florida is subtropical and in August the weather can be stiffling. Bermuda is about 1000 miles further north and there is usually a breeze blowing.

Dave

5. Re: Ritz Carlton Naples vs. Fairmount Southampton Bermuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 16:18