We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer weather

Salem, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Summer weather

Oh Yeah, I hear the summers can get a touch hot in Florida (headed to Naples then the Keys). Is the heat tolerable to where it won't put a great damper on our trip?I know that temperatures/weather can vary but I'm just curious.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer weather

Hot and humid, the Keys less than Naples. 90's with high humidity in Naples. Key West, a little less, believe it or not. KW is cooler in summer and warmer in winter.

It's all relative. I love heat and humidity but most people hate it. I moved from San Diego because I thought it was cold there.

Salem, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer weather

Thanks ca vol, I'm sure it won't slow us down anyhow.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer weather

Just jump in the water! That's what my I do! :)

Salem, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer weather

Wish I could right now.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer weather

I deal with many "snowbirders" who spend the summer in MI and I am supprized by the high temps they have there, somtimes exceding ours. On the Gulf itself the temperature is always cooler by 4-5 degrees so 90 is really 85 directly on the beach or water, go back 3 blocks inland and it can heat up, again usually never above 92. Afternoon thunderstorms hit and cool us down some but mostly add to humididty, The Keys will be relatively cool. (PS the summers here are a little secret, it is cooler than you think, way less croweded and really nice if there are no hurricaines)

Salem, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer weather

Thanks todday, yeah Michigan can get hot and humid alright.

7. Re: Summer weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 22:19