We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples, Marco or Longboat?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Topic
Naples, Marco or Longboat?

which has better beaches, less crowds, and feels more lush (palm trees)?

Naples, Marco Island, Longboat Key?

Which has less high rise hotels?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples, Marco or Longboat?

I vote for Naples. I spend July in Naples (for the past 3 years) and I could actually be on Marco in the same amount of time. Marco has the hotels and difficult parking. Naples you can go on the beach at almost any street. I personally like the Southern end away from the pier. Not as many people. If you have kids you can go to Laudermilk of Vanderbilt which have food and restrooms.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples, Marco or Longboat?

have u been to Longboat?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples, Marco or Longboat?

Not to Longboat Key, but I have been to Sanibel Isl. Now that's an awesome place. Great beaches, shops and the people are super nice.

Wilmington, Vermont
Level Contributor
118 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples, Marco or Longboat?

Of the three, I'd suggest Longboat. It has uncrowded beaches, less hustle and bustle and is far less developed than Marco or Naples once you get through St Armonds Circle. Its only drawback is that traffic on its 2 lane road can go at a snails pace.

5. Re: Naples, Marco or Longboat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 00:16